Hi everyone

vessxpress1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Even though I've been here a while I figured I should stop in here and say hey. I kept a mixed reef from around 2005 to 2010 and then had to get out for a bit due to kids and planned move. Settled in a new place now and 10 years later I'm ready to dive back in. It's been interesting getting up to speed with some of the changes. I only knew ReefCentral forum but soon discovered that most have scattered from there to other forums. Glad I got some experience back then to know what I'd want to add to a tank now and what I'd definitely stay away from. I plan to be much more militant about quarantining and dips and what I'm willing to allow to take up space in a tank.

I got a smoking deal on a nice little brand new 20 gal JBJ frag tank a few years ago and i'm so glad I jumped on it. Somebody shipped it from CA to me really cheap. It's been sitting in corner of my basement for a few years. I've pulled it out and built a stand for it, put an Ice Cap skimmer in it and have a 26 gal water storage tank set up and Kessil X mounted on wall. RO/DI already set up. Saved some needed items. Glad i kept all my old heaters and pumps for water mixing.. Been acquiring test kits, supplements, etc.. At Petco today, picked up an 8 gal dog food storage container for ATO water reservoir. Not as nice as a brand name acrylic box but should work well for this. Found a new in box Tunze Osmolator in basement I forgot I had.

Long term plan is to start growing frags in this under a Kessil in my basement and eventually get a 75 gallon main display tank going for upstairs with a basement sump. May get greedy and try to sneak in a small clownfish/anemone cube somewhere around here some day. Might even do that before the 75, who knows. I'm a big fan of zoas and acans/micros. So that's what's up with this stranger. Glad to be here.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
giphy (7).gif

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with lots of photos on your tank(s) :D

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Even though I've been here a while I figured I should stop in here and say hey. I kept a mixed reef from around 2005 to 2010 and then had to get out for a bit due to kids and planned move. Settled in a new place now and 10 years later I'm ready to dive back in. It's been interesting getting up to speed with some of the changes. I only knew ReefCentral forum but soon discovered that most have scattered from there to other forums. Glad I got some experience back then to know what I'd want to add to a tank now and what I'd definitely stay away from. I plan to be much more militant about quarantining and dips and what I'm willing to allow to take up space in a tank.

I got a smoking deal on a nice little brand new 20 gal JBJ frag tank a few years ago and i'm so glad I jumped on it. Somebody shipped it from CA to me really cheap. It's been sitting in corner of my basement for a few years. I've pulled it out and built a stand for it, put an Ice Cap skimmer in it and have a 26 gal water storage tank set up and Kessil X mounted on wall. RO/DI already set up. Saved some needed items. Glad i kept all my old heaters and pumps for water mixing.. Been acquiring test kits, supplements, etc.. At Petco today, picked up an 8 gal dog food storage container for ATO water reservoir. Not as nice as a brand name acrylic box but should work well for this. Found a new in box Tunze Osmolator in basement I forgot I had.

Long term plan is to start growing frags in this under a Kessil in my basement and eventually get a 75 gallon main display tank going for upstairs with a basement sump. May get greedy and try to sneak in a small clownfish/anemone cube somewhere around here some day. Might even do that before the 75, who knows. I'm a big fan of zoas and acans/micros. So that's what's up with this stranger. Glad to be here.
Welcome aboard r2r brother seems like you have it together and know what is what,, I’m a fan of zoas also such a lg range of color mixtures and just learning about micros which also have a wide variety/ too much to learn at one time. Lol. You willlove it here people are always willing to help you and are awesome

Back