Hi everyone!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

just wanted to say a big hello to everyone - my names JamieAnd im from Staffordshire in the UK

I’ve got a background in Koi keeping and basically my partner decided she wanted a reef aquarium so here I am!

I have actually been on this site looking at posts for over a month now, reading up on various aspects of the hobby. We’re looking at buying our setup around September time (hopefully), it’s looking more and more likely that we will be using The Waterbox 130.4 which excites me as I know this is relatively new to the UK - definitely purchasing the Aaron’s Aquarium as we have been watching most of his videos and he is our closest supplier

So yeah I just wanted to introduce myself and point out I will most likely be bothering a number of you over the coming months with queries and (silly) questions.

Thanks for having us!

Welcome to R2R and the salty world Jamie. I will be getting my 130.4 delivered soon. Excited.
lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

just wanted to say a big hello to everyone - my names JamieAnd im from Staffordshire in the UK

I’ve got a background in Koi keeping and basically my partner decided she wanted a reef aquarium so here I am!

I have actually been on this site looking at posts for over a month now, reading up on various aspects of the hobby. We’re looking at buying our setup around September time (hopefully), it’s looking more and more likely that we will be using The Waterbox 130.4 which excites me as I know this is relatively new to the UK - definitely purchasing the Aaron’s Aquarium as we have been watching most of his videos and he is our closest supplier

So yeah I just wanted to introduce myself and point out I will most likely be bothering a number of you over the coming months with queries and (silly) questions.

Thanks for having us!
Welcome Jamie + 1,
Good to have buy in from the other person.
Are you buying the 130.4 as a system, all plumbed with stand or just the waterbox?
There is some fun and creativity in putting your system together yourself, but more risk for 'mistakes' that either you'll have to correct or live with depending on severity.
The standard 130.4 as system on the website doesn't show a refugium, which some might want for nutrient reduction.
This is a fun hobby which you can spend a lot of time learning about, fun rabbit holes. We are lucky to have access to this great collection of knowledge called the internet.
Post any questions, we have answers for you, some of which might be correct.

OP
OP
WestmanReef

WestmanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Jamie. I will be getting my 130.4 delivered soon. Excited.
lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed

Brill mate, are you going to be posting your build journey? I'd look forward to following it as I love to see how other people are creating these masterpieces :)

OP
OP
WestmanReef

WestmanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Jamie + 1,
Good to have buy in from the other person.
Are you buying the 130.4 as a system, all plumbed with stand or just the waterbox?
There is some fun and creativity in putting your system together yourself, but more risk for 'mistakes' that either you'll have to correct or live with depending on severity.
The standard 130.4 as system on the website doesn't show a refugium, which some might want for nutrient reduction.
This is a fun hobby which you can spend a lot of time learning about, fun rabbit holes. We are lucky to have access to this great collection of knowledge called the internet.
Post any questions, we have answers for you, some of which might be correct.

Because Waterbox have just arrived over here in the UK it will come as a package - all plumbing and sump included with the tank and cabinet. However I do love DIY and due to my pond background I love custom plumbing - so I have already decided I will either modify the sump to add a refugium or worst case scenario make my own for my own needs. I will also be adding a manifold to run 3 different outlets from.
I did notice that in the USA you have access to a premium + package? Yeah we wont be getting that I dont think.

Thank you for commenting and welcoming me though :cool:

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brill mate, are you going to be posting your build journey? I'd look forward to following it as I love to see how other people are creating these masterpieces :)
Yeh planning on doing so. Are you also joining UK forum and getting the little tag by your name?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back