Hi from G'ville, FL

  • Thread starter Thread starter seafansar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seafansar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
949
Reaction score
73
Location
DeLand, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sara and I recently got into saltwater tanks. I started with a 20 gallon in Jan. '08 and then quickly upgraded to a 125 gallon reef and 54 gallon FOWLR. After a few bouts of algae and ich in the 125, I've finally gotten things under control. I QT everything now since I lost almost all of my fish to ich and kept the main tank fishless for 7 weeks.

The reef tank has several sps's, a frogspawn, acan, favia, maze brains, candy cane, duncans, zoanthids, a corky finger gorgonia, and a big RBTA. I went kind of coral crazy. So far there are a pair of skunk cleaner shrimp, orange linka starfish, a strawberry crab, a pair of perculas, a bullet goby, neon goby, green mandarin, and orange shoulder tang in the tank.

The 54 gallon is a little bit more crowded with a talbot damsel, spotted mandarin, bicolor angel, redheaded fairy wrasse, a pair of clarkii clowns, and a convict tang that I'm going to put into dad's tank when he gets bigger.

I got interested in saltwater tanks when I took invertebrate zoology at UF. I saw the university's reef tank and fell in love. I'm actually helping maintain that tank and a few others now too.

Ok time for pictures!
P6160183.jpg


P6160184.jpg


Left side
P6160185.jpg


Center
P6160186.jpg


Right.
P6160187.jpg


The 54 gallon before the fish were added.
P5140880.jpg
 
Nice upgrades in only few months !!!!!

Thanks for sharing pics. Hang around awhile and share more as they progress...
 
Haha... Yeah. I managed to get my dad into the hobby again (he had a 55 gallon a long time ago) and he let me buy the big tank. It was used, so I got a good deal. And he bought me the 54 gallon and a 90 gallon for his work and 125 for himself. My mom wants to kill me now for getting him back into the hobby!
 
Awesome! Great to have you as a member at R2R! How did you find out about us? :D
 
Oh you're mean! I was sitting on the Michigan side too, cause my dad got tickets from his client in Michigan. :angry7:
 
It's ok. I'm really not a big sports fan anyway. That was the only football game I've been to actually.
 
Hey, is anyone else here from Gainesville? I've been wanting to find local people in the hobby and maybe set up a club or something like that. The only people I knew from around here have moved. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new