Hi from G'ville, FL

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sara and I recently got into saltwater tanks. I started with a 20 gallon in Jan. '08 and then quickly upgraded to a 125 gallon reef and 54 gallon FOWLR. After a few bouts of algae and ich in the 125, I've finally gotten things under control. I QT everything now since I lost almost all of my fish to ich and kept the main tank fishless for 7 weeks.

The reef tank has several sps's, a frogspawn, acan, favia, maze brains, candy cane, duncans, zoanthids, a corky finger gorgonia, and a big RBTA. I went kind of coral crazy. So far there are a pair of skunk cleaner shrimp, orange linka starfish, a strawberry crab, a pair of perculas, a bullet goby, neon goby, green mandarin, and orange shoulder tang in the tank.

The 54 gallon is a little bit more crowded with a talbot damsel, spotted mandarin, bicolor angel, redheaded fairy wrasse, a pair of clarkii clowns, and a convict tang that I'm going to put into dad's tank when he gets bigger.

I got interested in saltwater tanks when I took invertebrate zoology at UF. I saw the university's reef tank and fell in love. I'm actually helping maintain that tank and a few others now too.

Ok time for pictures!
P6160183.jpg

P6160184.jpg

Left side
P6160185.jpg

Center
P6160186.jpg

Right.
P6160187.jpg

The 54 gallon before the fish were added.
P5140880.jpg

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice upgrades in only few months !!!!!

Thanks for sharing pics. Hang around awhile and share more as they progress...

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha... Yeah. I managed to get my dad into the hobby again (he had a 55 gallon a long time ago) and he let me buy the big tank. It was used, so I got a good deal. And he bought me the 54 gallon and a 90 gallon for his work and 125 for himself. My mom wants to kill me now for getting him back into the hobby!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Great to have you as a member at R2R! How did you find out about us? :D

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh you're mean! I was sitting on the Michigan side too, cause my dad got tickets from his client in Michigan. :angry7:

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's ok. I'm really not a big sports fan anyway. That was the only football game I've been to actually.

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, is anyone else here from Gainesville? I've been wanting to find local people in the hobby and maybe set up a club or something like that. The only people I knew from around here have moved. :(

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back