Hi from Sydney

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R. Your tank looks good and your testing case is awesome.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Dewman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There,
i am 18 months into my 700 litre (184g) reef tank. I had a reef tank for about 10 years several years ago before i got rid of it. I missed in and got back into it in a bigger and better way. More science more attention to details, testing parameters etc. I have been trolling BRS on facebook and watching their video's but another source of good info.

I have been battling green hair algae for several months and making little progress until this week. I finally got on to Flux Rx. I had tried a bunch of other things that had little success. We can't get Flux Rx here in Au so i had to order it from the US. and it worked a treat, 9 days in and the green hair algae is virtually gone. A few small patches which i am syphoning away.

I haven't got a lot of coral yet because the algae has been so bad and was killing things.
I also recently got a media reactor and things have really started to stabilise. So i am beginning the stocking up part now.

Still on the list is a Clarisea roller filter (coming soon, don't tell the finance controller)

20210816_143317.jpg

I recently went full geek on the test kit as well. This is is much handier than i suspected it would be:
20210807_100522.jpg
Welcome to the group!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back