Hi from Sydney

Dindsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There,
i am 18 months into my 700 litre (184g) reef tank. I had a reef tank for about 10 years several years ago before i got rid of it. I missed in and got back into it in a bigger and better way. More science more attention to details, testing parameters etc. I have been trolling BRS on facebook and watching their video's but another source of good info.

I have been battling green hair algae for several months and making little progress until this week. I finally got on to Flux Rx. I had tried a bunch of other things that had little success. We can't get Flux Rx here in Au so i had to order it from the US. and it worked a treat, 9 days in and the green hair algae is virtually gone. A few small patches which i am syphoning away.

I haven't got a lot of coral yet because the algae has been so bad and was killing things.
I also recently got a media reactor and things have really started to stabilise. So i am beginning the stocking up part now.

Still on the list is a Clarisea roller filter (coming soon, don't tell the finance controller)

20210816_143317.jpg

I recently went full geek on the test kit as well. This is is much handier than i suspected it would be:
20210807_100522.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back