Hi from the UK!

TheSaltyScientist

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
19
Location
Hull, UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredibly new to the hobby (my first saltwater tank has been ordered and is on its way to me currently!) and have been soaking up all the YouTube, Reddit and everything else I can find ready for setting up my tank!

Any and all advice to a complete newbie is welcome, I have been keeping freshwater for years but I’m very aware that saltwater is a whole other beast!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Incredibly new to the hobby (my first saltwater tank has been ordered and is on its way to me currently!) and have been soaking up all the YouTube, Reddit and everything else I can find ready for setting up my tank!

Any and all advice to a complete newbie is welcome, I have been keeping freshwater for years but I’m very aware that saltwater is a whole other beast!
Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV
 
Incredibly new to the hobby (my first saltwater tank has been ordered and is on its way to me currently!) and have been soaking up all the YouTube, Reddit and everything else I can find ready for setting up my tank!

Any and all advice to a complete newbie is welcome, I have been keeping freshwater for years but I’m very aware that saltwater is a whole other beast!
Welcome. I'm from the UK too, but don't tell anybody.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new