Hi I’m bill

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m bill I have at the moment a 54 gallon corner tank. In it I have tons of live rock few emerald crabs couple skunk cleaners a couple peppermints, an urchin, few hermits, loads of snails, Xenia coral, and a candy cane coral. My tank has been running about two months. Ammonia and nitrates are zero. Salinity level 1.026.
I will soon have a second tank that is 24 gallon Cardiff bow front that I will have a clean up crew along with a about 4-5 seahorse. Hence the name.

3487E972-2903-48CE-8717-5B6535C5CDC0.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m bill I have at the moment a 54 gallon corner tank. In it I have tons of live rock few emerald crabs couple skunk cleaners a couple peppermints, an urchin, few hermits, loads of snails, Xenia coral, and a candy cane coral. My tank has been running about two months. Ammonia and nitrates are zero. Salinity level 1.026.
I will soon have a second tank that is 24 gallon Cardiff bow front that I will have a clean up crew along with a about 4-5 seahorse. Hence the name.

3487E972-2903-48CE-8717-5B6535C5CDC0.jpeg
Be sure to check the recommended temperature for seahorses vs the snails. I know seahorse need a lower temp than most reefs

OP
OP
S

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bill! Welcome here! My daughter wants a seahorse tank. I’m try to delay that as long as possible!
I have always had awesome luck with my seahorses. What I found best it to shut off all current. Filters air pumps etc. and then give them live brine shrimp if possible. If not frozen food works well you just have to feed a lot and keep lots of carnivores like bumble bee snails and hermit crabs to eat the dead food that the seahorses miss

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back