Hi Mike! I signed up after I left Richards!!

AlliRose907

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the reefing hobby but have kept fresh water for over 20+ years, and currently have 17 freshwater tanks. I have my first 110 extra high. It has sand, water, and used live rock in it (used or previously soaked, something like that, or both, it was in water since feb). Lucky me, I have a friend that knows his way around the reefing hobby, but I gotta share him with his family and other reefy friends! LOL I am looking for others in the SC area for advice, help, and friendship, of course the same from someone that lives outside the area too (Just thought having someone that could come lay eyes on my tank when I need help would be good)!!! I don't know anyone else in this hobby! Say hi and let me know where your at!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
AlliRose907

AlliRose907

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We’re glad you joined us!
LOL Thank Mike, (I dunno his last name) I didn't know you guys existed until he told me about it!! He siad he is really active on this site... Just met him for a bit on Sunday. Heck of a nice guy too! And SUPER knowledgeable. I have reefy aspirations to be like him and Richard!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Thank Mike, (I dunno his last name) I didn't know you guys existed until he told me about it!! He siad he is really active on this site... Just met him for a bit on Sunday. Heck of a nice guy too! And SUPER knowledgeable. I have reefy aspirations to be like him and Richard!
This is a great forum to be a part of. There’s lots of great info and a lot of friendly members willing to help out. You’re going to like it here :)

OP
OP
AlliRose907

AlliRose907

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi welcome to R2R. I'm from WV but my favorite reef shop is in Charlotte, which is close to SC, does that count? I'm obviously not a member but I believe there was a reef club started for residents of NC/SC.
It absolutely counts! We are planning a trip to Charlotte soon (Ikea of course), but I need to check out some fish stores up there. The closest GOOD store to me is 45 mins away! Thanks for the tip!!

OP
OP
AlliRose907

AlliRose907

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17 tanks!!! wow
Welcome to the salty family!!
Monsters Inc Fainting GIF by Disney Pixar
Yeah, I breed shrimp, guppies and Endler's, then I have a few community tanks for various species. My husband likes semi aggressive fish (I do too, but not my thing as far as what I like to keep) I prefer angels, which I am trying to get to breeding size, and then will work on that venture too. I have also started thinking about breeding bristle-nose plecos as well. We will see. I love my hobby to pay for itself. And of course, the obligatory goldfish tank for all the lil ones. My Koi bred UP A STORM last year so we got 35 babies out but there were at least 10 others I couldn't get out and the bigguns are fat, fat, fat this season, so I imagine I will be fishing more babies out at some point (I'm sure some of them got picked off somehow because there were WAY more than 35 when it all started!) lol. But I have also noticed, as of yesterday, I have a HUUUUGE frog living in there that I need to get out before he eats the smaller fish. He hides really, really well, so that will be fun!! Not so much....

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dark side.jpg

Welcome to the family!

I have also started thinking about breeding bristle-nose plecos as well. We will see.
I don't intentionally breed BN pleco's, but they are love machines! Started out with a few, and now I have no good idea how many. I keep giving them away, but they just keep showing up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back