OP
OP
B

bgath23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! What are you looking to out in your tank?
Thanks!

Not totally sure yet. Realistically, just a handful of smaller fish (pair of clowns, probably a watchman goby, maybe a blenny -- whatever I get attached to at LFS, haha) and some soft corals to start. Handful shrimps and hermits for cleaning crew.

Still undecided between some funky live rock from TBS or somewhere similar, or just taking the dry rock route for a better aquascape.

Likely gonna be a slow process! Still a ton to learn.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Just making an intro thread here.

Brand new to the hobby beyond a small freshwater aquarium. Found a pretty good deal on a Reefer 170 setup, which I'll be getting underway with here in the next week or so. Very excited, tho we'll see how it goes haha. Will plan to start a build thread once I'm a little further along.

Side note: Is anyone aware of any Philadelphia-based reef clubs/groups/meetups? Would be awesome to meet some people.

Cheers!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

If you haven't already found it, this might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OuteastREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brand new to the hobby beyond a small freshwater aquarium. Found a pretty good deal on a Reefer 170 setup, which I'll be getting underway with here in the next week or so. Very excited, tho we'll see how it goes haha. Will plan to start a build thread once I'm a little further along.

Side note: Is anyone aware of any Philadelphia-based reef clubs/groups/meetups? Would be awesome to meet some people.

Cheers!
Hey welcome!!! Are you familiar with Philly Splash? We will be there, it's September 10th in king of Prussia. Maybe by then we can help you get some new starter pieces! We also have a coral drop on our website every Friday!! Have a good one!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Cheers!
Welcome! If it hasn't already been mentioned, check in the forums for the states. There should be something for Philly.

OP
OP
B

bgath23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If it hasn't already been mentioned, check in the forums for the states. There should be something for Philly.
You'd think so, right? Philly is certainly a big enough city. The only sub that I've found is an "Eastern PA" one, where there isn't a whole lot of activity, nor much related to the Greater Philadelphia area specifically.

Tho, one of the posters above, who is my next reply/message, mentioned a meetup semi-locally! Very much looking forward to that.

Thanks for the welcomes :). Cheers!!

OP
OP
B

bgath23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey welcome!!! Are you familiar with Philly Splash? We will be there, it's September 10th in king of Prussia. Maybe by then we can help you get some new starter pieces! We also have a coral drop on our website every Friday!! Have a good one!

I am not familiar (or wasn't until now)! Do you have any further details on it (is this a FB group thing, or R2R thing, etc.)? That sounds awesome. Feel free to PM me. KOP isn't too far at all, so definitely looking/planning to join along on the 10th.

Thanks for the heads up!

Back