Hi! New to reefing!

Ebtbmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve wanted to get into this hobby for years and I finally feel like I can do it! I’ve ordered a 40g aqua top cube all in one. I’m going to see how it goes but I’m open to upgrading components. I’d love some rock suggestions, I’d like to start building while I’m waiting on the aquarium. Also
I’m in the Central TX area so let me know if there’s some good shops to check out!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Under The Sea Hello GIF by Lillee Jean

Hi there! Welcome to the reefs!
Feel free to ask lots of questions (that's how we learn!) and post lost of photos! You'll be glad you did down the road!

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

Its a bit of extra work but I tried smashing up Marco Rock and gluing it back together into cool shapes and arches. It turned out super awesome and is definitely worth the extra work involved! You can get the dimensions of the tank and draw it on cardboard to see how it would fit/look as well.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! I look forward to see your setup when it's up and running. I started my tank with dry rock (my first tank as well). It's the CaribSea LifeRock which is dry rock seeded with bacteria to help with cycling. If you are thinking of starting with live rock there are plenty of folks to provide suggestions on where to get some. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Ebtbmom

Ebtbmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

Its a bit of extra work but I tried smashing up Marco Rock and gluing it back together into cool shapes and arches. It turned out super awesome and is definitely worth the extra work involved! You can get the dimensions of the tank and draw it on cardboard to see how it would fit/look as well.
I’ve been looking at the Marco, did you find it leeched too much phosphorous?

OP
OP
Ebtbmom

Ebtbmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! I look forward to see your setup when it's up and running. I started my tank with dry rock (my first tank as well). It's the CaribSea LifeRock which is dry rock seeded with bacteria to help with cycling. If you are thinking of starting with live rock there are plenty of folks to provide suggestions on where to get some. :)
That is really pretty rock, do you break it and make your own shape or does it come pre-formed?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back