Hi There! Long time lurker, first time posting :)

Leon.NYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There! Originally got into the hobby to add to my home office for relaxation purposes.
First (and current) tank is a Proclear 150 - 4x2x2 ft.
Looking to upgrade to a 300 gallon within the next 3-6 months.
Luckily, as I was putting together my build, I discovered the BRS team online videos on cycling, sizing, fish quarantine, etc.
Over the past 2-years of being in the hobby I've been through some ups & downs.
Most notably was a bout of Velvet hitting the tank despite best efforts. I had ordered a captive-bred yellow tang from Biota, thinking that they'd be safe coming from a mostly sterile environment. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I added the YT to the acclimation box and didn't notice the spots on him under the blue light until the next morning. By time then, it was too late. Nearly 75% of the tank was wiped out in under 72-hours. Quarantined what was left & went fallow for an extended period (total of 9/10-weeks). From what I came to understand, is that they use sea water and although they go through as much as they can to make the environment as sterile as possible, occurrences do happen.
Moving on from that, the tank currently houses 3 anthias, 2 mocha storm clown fish, 1 juvenile Purple tang, 1 copperband & 1 captive-bred Biota Regal angel (misbar variety) & 1 captive-bred majestic angel which is currently being quarantined by Adam over at Ocean Devotion. Note, I have been getting into corals, primarily softies & LPS, so the addition of the two angels should be quite interesting.
Thanks for coming to my ted-talk!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_0084.gif

OP
OP
Leon.NYC

Leon.NYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

finding nemo lol GIF by Disney Pixar

Sorry to hear about the YT and subsequent issues. :frowning-face:
Thank you. Although, as I have come to learn very quickly is that things happen in this hobby and its best to stick to best practices & stick not rush anything as it generally doesn't turn out good when rushed. Given, its been quite the journey (short as it may be - 2 years) but i'm looking forward to the future in this hobby!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%

Back