Hi there!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike from Baltimore. New to the saltwater side of the hobby. I figure I've been lurking around here long enough and had to take the plunge. This is an amazing community and I hope to be a helpful part of it.

I've already started my build thread so that I can keep track of progress.

As of today

Hardware;
36g bow front display tank
EShopps Overflow
40g breeder sump
60lbs of Marco Rock
Fiji Cube sump baffle kit
Iwaki MD55 return
Red Octo Elite 150 skimmer
Jebao SW4 wavemaker

Live Stock;
Occellarus Clown
Gladiator Clown
Pajama Cardinal
Exquisite Firefish
Yellow Tang
Royal Gramma
Watchman Goby

Corals;
Purple/Red Acan
Green Star Polyps
Red Spotted mushroom
Red velvet mushroom
Green Toadstool leather
No name zoa colony
Duncan
Torch
Hi Mike and Welcome!

My first apartment was in Baltimore and there are many great LFS local to you. Jason Fox is even local, but that coral shop doesn't do walk-ins. Glad you joined

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.png

Look forward to seeing your tank's growth!

OP
OP
Killingtime

Killingtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

MIKE!!!! Welcome!!! Great build thread! Terrible to see the bottom of the breeder like that, though! :rolleyes:
dang Aqueon reps. Lol. I lightly looked around on the forum to find out if anyone else drilled the bottoms and couldn't find anything. After the failed attempt and I got back here, the very first "New Post" was someone advising not to drill the bottoms. Live and learn.;Facepalm

Hi Mike and Welcome!

My first apartment was in Baltimore and there are many great LFS local to you. Jason Fox is even local, but that coral shop doesn't do walk-ins. Glad you joined
That's funny because I spent a couple years in Dallas before moving here. Small world.
I'm still trying to go to as many LFS as possible to determine my "go-to", but haven't found one yet. I just came back from a trip to Orlando and am now jaded because I visited WWC while there. You know you're in trouble when the sidewalk sign outside their door is advertising that they do financing. They weren't lying, prices are high but I've never been in a cleaner, more professional LFS and with such a great selection of coral.

I didn't realize Jason Fox was local?! That's great to know!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

dang Aqueon reps. Lol. I lightly looked around on the forum to find out if anyone else drilled the bottoms and couldn't find anything. After the failed attempt and I got back here, the very first "New Post" was someone advising not to drill the bottoms. Live and learn.;Facepalm

That's funny because I spent a couple years in Dallas before moving here. Small world.
I'm still trying to go to as many LFS as possible to determine my "go-to", but haven't found one yet. I just came back from a trip to Orlando and am now jaded because I visited WWC while there. You know you're in trouble when the sidewalk sign outside their door is advertising that they do financing. They weren't lying, prices are high but I've never been in a cleaner, more professional LFS and with such a great selection of coral.

I didn't realize Jason Fox was local?! That's great to know!

WOW - Financing on corals... that is just wrong as its slippery slope. They do say you can have a reef aquarium and a small fortune, but it helps if you start with a large fortune....

I get back in your area to visit family occasionally (recently a lot)

For fish, House of Tropics in Glen Burnie still around plus they often have unusual items and better than average dry goods selection. Also, 25 years ago there was LFS in Reisterstown (can't remember name...) that helped provide items to Baltimore Aquarium in its early days, but don't know if they are still around... can't help but wonder if they didn't somehow have connection to Jason Fox, but unknown...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
Killingtime

Killingtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fish, House of Tropics in Glen Burnie still around plus they often have unusual items and better than average dry goods selection. Also, 25 years ago there was LFS in Reisterstown (can't remember name...) that helped provide items to Baltimore Aquarium in its early days, but don't know if they are still around... can't help but wonder if they didn't somehow have connection to Jason Fox, but unknown...
I like House of Tropicals. Definitely the largest selection of fish, inverts and dry goods. But I've noticed a decline in fish health in their tanks. Maybe just a blip but I'm holding off live purchasses from them for a bit. I think the place you're thinking of in Reisterstown was Aquarium Depot. I WISH they were still around.:( If this wasn't the place, I'd love to go visit another LFS.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 years ago, July and August summer months all the LFS always seemed to look more shabby... Texas is hotter so I expected store tanks to seem more bare/less stock or sickly stock or more algae but haven't seen it... Unknown why that area does that unless everyone is out boating on the water, hanging around the harbors, eating steamed crabs or other fun MD pastimes we don't do here...

Here we hide in A/C away from fire ants...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back