OP
OP
old_lady_4am

old_lady_4am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Christine! Glad to have you here! Be sure to start a build thread and document the journey. There are tons of knowledgeable people here that can help get you setup for success. Happy to have you and wish you and your reef all the best!
Thank you so much!! I started my build thread. Iphone flashlight and all!

OP
OP
old_lady_4am

old_lady_4am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I think about it, if you are going to spend that kind of money I think you would be better off getting 4 of the kessil's a360x, if one light burns out you still have 3 pucks. With the larger ones you have 2 pucks in one unit and if 1 burns out now you loose 2, something to think about.
omg that is great advice!!!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Christine and I’m happy to be here! :)

I recently started a 75 gallon Aqueon tank, which sits on a cinder block/2x4 stand. List of ingredients: Live rock and sand, Tunze 9012 skimmer, 3 Hygger power heads, prepared saltwater using Instant Ocean reef crystals (although I’m contemplating changing to Tropic Marin) after going through Aquatic Life rodi system, and I’m trying to decide between the Neptune Sky or Kessil ap9x lights. My goal is to have a predominant SPS tank. I do understand the odds are slim due to my basic setup, but I’m giving it a go! Dr Tim’s fishless cycle is on day 3, probably overkill since I already had live rock, so I’m creating my fish list while I wait for my tank to cycle. I can’t wait!

I look forward to learning from all the experienced reefers here on reef2reef, thanks for having me!

Christine
aka oldlady4am
Gosh! I remember the day s of waiting for my tank to cycle and doing exactly what you are doing! Anyway, Welcome to reef 2 reef. Nice to have another fellow woman reefer! Not that many of us be we are catching up!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back