......HI!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and Welcome,

You know you are going to have to explain this "slow growth long story" thing you brought up. Start a build thread and tell us all about it. :) If it was mainly lps, that is why the slow growth. Well, depending on genus really.

I have run sps in small tanks with just water changes, and in a large system with a calcium reactor. I would say in a 90g, you will eventually need to dose (using auto dosing or calcium reactor). Once you get full of sps, your calcium uptake will take too much to not have it automated.

There are plenty of very beautiful sps corals that do not cost a fortune. Plus, you can get small ones from fellow reefers as they grow too much or break. Good luck!!!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2017-02-07 18.28.50.png

OP
OP
Joshua Cavazos

Joshua Cavazos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and Welcome,

You know you are going to have to explain this "slow growth long story" thing you brought up. Start a build thread and tell us all about it. :) If it was mainly lps, that is why the slow growth. Well, depending on genus really.

I have run sps in small tanks with just water changes, and in a large system with a calcium reactor. I would say in a 90g, you will eventually need to dose (using auto dosing or calcium reactor). Once you get full of sps, your calcium uptake will take too much to not have it automated.

There are plenty of very beautiful sps corals that do not cost a fortune. Plus, you can get small ones from fellow reefers as they grow too much or break. Good luck!!!

YES! It sure was an LPS dominated tank. I’d do a nice water change every Sunday to keep certain parameters in check. It was a beautiful tank UNTIL...flatworms. But before I cry myself to sleep over the fact that I was biggest factor in the demise of my tank, not the worms, I’d like to say Thank You for the information! Along with the information you gave me, I’m definitely going to be rummaging through the files on here. After the countless of hours of pacing my Guest Room I’ve located the spot and I’m ready to move forward... I think. Lol thanks again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back