Hi..

RumMnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start by saying that although this is my first post on R2R, I've lurked daily for 2+ years, and would like to thank everyone for the knowledge shared on the forum.

About me and the hobby: I've had FODR salt tanks on/off for 25+ years (70 on 30 off). With a variety of success's and failures. ~ 3 years ago embarked on a small mixed reef 24 with a 15gal sump. With help from R2R it was an amazing success... until it wasn't... 3 mos ago I lost all sps in ~ a week, the lps in the next couple, pretty much everything over the course of 45 days except for some GSP's, and mushrooms. One of the GSP's turned, and remained, reddish brown but still opens everyday, and a few of the mushrooms seemed to thin out and become almost translucent. I Tested everything for months, Never found the issue, had sent water to the triton lab in the first couple weeks .. parameters good, nothing abnormal, checked for stray voltage, no pests.. metal in the tank etc.. etc.. etc.. The tank is still up and running with nothing but a Falco, the afore mentioned survivors, and the CUC which didn't seem affected by "Whatever it was". Not finding the cause is the most disheartening aspect, and still baffles me.

Where am I now: 6 months ago I got the 135.4 Waterbox, which sat while I battled the "Whatever" and converted some of the OEM plumbing. This tank has now cycled, (almost complete, still a few diatoms and slight cloudiness)hosts 130 lbs of life rock, 3 hydra 26, life reef skimmer, 2 clown, and yesterdays addition of a ric0rdia.

FINGERS CROSSED, and glad to be here

Cheers.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95A24E9B-99B9-41A4-B7B1-64CFD52D1C1B.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back