Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
803843C7-6617-4B79-927E-680CC92B201A.gif

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the idea that beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to our tanks. Welcome to the party! I can't wait to see what your tank looks like. Happy reefing! :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been reefkeeping for about 14 years. To be honest, I was part of some other forums earlier on in the hobby but decided to get away from them...I was always comparing my tank to others and would get very caught up in the "good equipment" and peoples opinions about which coral is desirable and which is "garbage", and the drama. It wasn't a very healthy environment for me. I finally realized my tank is my own to enjoy and if I like something to heck with others opinions on its worthiness. I have found myself lurking here a bit, thought maybe I'm ready to try again.

In short, my tank is a 65 gallon mixed reef with a 40 breeder sump in the basement. I've had this particular setup for maybe 8 years? I will post a tank thread sometime. I had been neglectful of water changes and maintenance in general for about a year, maybe more, only doing water changes every couple of months. I'm not sure why I lost interest for awhile. The result was anemones and 4 fish survived but of course the coral and many inverts did not. Starting this January I decided I either needed to let it go and tear down or get the tank back on track. Many water changes later, parameters are looking pretty good and I have done some re-stocking. Also added some new equipment.

I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Kris
Welcome to R2R Kris. Glad you’ve got the urge and determination again.

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Kris to the R2R Family…Great to have you…See you are not new to Reefing…

Explore…Learn…Share---Practice Patience

1P2.gif

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back