Hiding four gang outlet

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be wiring two separate circuits into two dual gang outlets (think eight plugs). What can I do to hide the outlets? It will be installed into drywall off a foot to the right of the tank and will be visible in the room. Are there any sort of covers one can put over a large bank of outlets like this? I know about the decoration tracks like putting a plant or a picture frame over them but what can be done to hide the outlets in a more permanent way. What can I do to hide the outlets? It will be installed into drywall off a foot to the right of the tank to not be too near the water and to increase accessibility and will be visible in the room.

Are there any sort of covers one can put over a large bank of outlets like this? I know about the decoration tracks like putting a plant or a picture frame over them but what can be done to hide the outlets in a more permanent way?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make raceways, like this, in a million different sizes. You could run it from the edge of the outlet(s) to behind the tank and then put the cover on 'offset', so it's hanging off the side and covering the outlet. It would hide the outlet and give you a place to run all the wires.
If you can find one big enough to fully cover the outlets, you could cut out a spot on the back where it goes over them, then it would fully conceal them. Just be careful not to short anything if the raceway is metal.
I don't know if they make them big enough to fully cover an outlet, but two of them, one above the other, would probably work.
If you google cable raceways or cable troughs, you might find some inspiration.

If you're handy at wood working, you could build something over it with a hinged front.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if you took one of the waterproof outdoor outlet covers and painted it. Also they make some recessed outlets at an angle for AV stuff that might work. Otherwise not sure. Maybe you can notch out the drywall and build a mini niche for the outlet. None of these are great ideas but maybe they’ll spark something in your head or someone else’s.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back