ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have recently just purchased a WATERBOX 70.2 marine tank.

Will do a build thread shortly.

I'm now asking what people do regarding all their controller's and cables and how do you manage them? Never been a fan of having electricity and water in the same cabinet.

Assistance and or photos of what others do would really help me with creating a true masterpiece.

Thanks from downunder

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cable raceways is whats used most often.

I just have a rats nest behind my cabinet. Not much into cable management. I can't see it, so no worries, and I don't have the need to make my sump look as pretty as my display.

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand regards to hiding cables, what about a power board ect..? Normally inside the cabinet? If i had the flexibility to use a separate room I would however over here in Perth we have solid brick.

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a low voltage electrician by day and im obsessed with clean cable management. I just set up a 15g peninsula tank and I built a small controller board for underneath my stand. I 3D printed some custom brackets to hold the bulky stuff that didnt have mounts and I routed my wires around nicely using nylon sticky back cable managers that can be stuck to a surface or screwed down to be more secure. Then I used narrow velcro straps instead of the intended zip ties so that altering the wiring and changing out equipment doesnt become a complete pain. Heres a link to the cable managers for reference, they come in white and black.

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a low voltage electrician by day and im obsessed with clean cable management. I just set up a 15g peninsula tank and I built a small controller board for underneath my stand. I 3D printed some custom brackets to hold the bulky stuff that didnt have mounts and I routed my wires around nicely using nylon sticky back cable managers that can be stuck to a surface or screwed down to be more secure. Then I used narrow velcro straps instead of the intended zip ties so that altering the wiring and changing out equipment doesnt become a complete pain. Heres a link to the cable managers for reference, they come in white and black.
Have you got any photos of your cabinet setup?

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got any photos of your cabinet setup?
I dont have one right now but I can get you one. Basically I used the stickies to put them on the glass behind the tank for routing wires down and then they are in various places with screws to route the cables down to my smart power strip

Back