High light, medium flow corals ideas

Dogreccos29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a pretty cool ledge very close to my mp40 power head I'd like to add some coral. The area definitely gets good flow and gets moderate light ( I have The reef breeders 32 v2). I'm not a huge fan of sps corals so I'd prefer some corals with movement. I already have a frogspawn, hammer, 2 torches, hairy leather mushroom, and a kenya tree. Any recommendations to add?

Thanks!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always think a zoa garden looks great but right in front of the power head im not to sure they would like that .i know you said want movement but what about some kind of lps like acan' blasto or candy cane as get some very nice colours in these and interesting feeding on some of the lps like acans where mouth opens up and swallows the meal and some have large tentacles ( mainly at night of not mistaken) or some green star polops they have movement and will cover that ledge in grass like feature in no time.some say gsp grows like a weed so mixed opinionsvon it but i would personally like it growing all the way up my back glass like a wall of gsp

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back