Hiiii everyone

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you can get it fixed!

Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!!

giphy.gif

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting to start my journey in the reef keeping hobby for a few years now. I recently got my hands on this 225 gallons tank, however, the back glass panel is shattered.

I want to get started so I would really like to fix it!
How realistic is it to fix a broken panel?
looking forward to getting some advice from the more experienced members :)
D205D037-D2C4-45BD-8331-F47DAF9C17D2.jpeg

Welcome to the channel, looks like you are off to a good start.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Welcome to the awesome forum of Reef2Reef, a place where you can get lost for hours of information from people just like yourself in the hobby and possibly be able to seek out answers for yourself and your own tank!

If you have a chance and are interested in maybe watching another YouTube reefer, I got my channel going and have a little over 10 videos and I am really enjoying it! Good for anyone from brand new reefer to the experienced hobbyist! Hope you get a chance to check it out and give me some feedback!

Welcome again to Reef2Reef!

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting to start my journey in the reef keeping hobby for a few years now. I recently got my hands on this 225 gallons tank, however, the back glass panel is shattered.

I want to get started so I would really like to fix it!
How realistic is it to fix a broken panel?
looking forward to getting some advice from the more experienced members :)

With patience and the collection of specific information on your 225 it is very realistic to remove, replace and repair.
Are you thinking of doing it yourself or are you wanting someone more experienced to handle the broken panel?

The safest way to repair is to find a reputable company that offers a warranty on the work performed. Make sure you have signed and dated paper work that documents all details specifically, if and when there are any issues down the road.

The ultimate assurance....purchase a new display. It's all about providing the best option for your pets and your home.
It really all depends on a handful of questions you need to answer for yourself:

1.) What is my total budget? - What am I willing to spend on livestock, hardscape, hardware, materials, upkeep, management and daily/weekly servicing. Maintenance is one of the most important aspects that should be carefully determined for the long term health of your system. This will determine what you will keep and how many you will be able to care for.

2.) What is my repair budget for starting off with something that will hold water? - Should I find something smaller to appease my appetite now while I take the time to wisely research and collection information for this repair project, I might find that it's better off to let this one go.

3.) How long am I willing to be patient? - If you want a display set up within 6 weeks. You might pay more than you want to have this project expedited to the front of the line. If you are okay with waiting up to 6 months and spending 4 figures the you're already winning, because the key to success in this is all about patience.

4.) Do I have this on paper? - Start drawing out some ideas that you want to implement; do I want fish only or coral only? Would a mixed reef be better? Do I want to put $2,000 into a repair and then another $2,000 - $6,000 into the total build? Will I be moving soon? How much rock do I want? What do I want the aquascape to look like? Is there a color theme? Do I want a predator display? Should it be a high end SPS or low maintenance system? The best way to plan is to start with questions 1 and 2. Budget Budget Budget, focusing on this word will give you the highest rate of success and it will guide you into exactly what you are best suited to have and what you want to spend your money and time on.

I would like to help you consider some ideas to help start you on your journey, feel free to reach out and connect with me over anything. Good luck my friend, I look forward to hearing more about the system you have in mind for this display.

OP
OP
eamm97

eamm97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With patience and the collection of specific information on your 225 it is very realistic to remove, replace and repair.
Are you thinking of doing it yourself or are you wanting someone more experienced to handle the broken panel?

The safest way to repair is to find a reputable company that offers a warranty on the work performed. Make sure you have signed and dated paper work that documents all details specifically, if and when there are any issues down the road.

The ultimate assurance....purchase a new display. It's all about providing the best option for your pets and your home.
It really all depends on a handful of questions you need to answer for yourself:

1.) What is my total budget? - What am I willing to spend on livestock, hardscape, hardware, materials, upkeep, management and daily/weekly servicing. Maintenance is one of the most important aspects that should be carefully determined for the long term health of your system. This will determine what you will keep and how many you will be able to care for.

2.) What is my repair budget for starting off with something that will hold water? - Should I find something smaller to appease my appetite now while I take the time to wisely research and collection information for this repair project, I might find that it's better off to let this one go.

3.) How long am I willing to be patient? - If you want a display set up within 6 weeks. You might pay more than you want to have this project expedited to the front of the line. If you are okay with waiting up to 6 months and spending 4 figures the you're already winning, because the key to success in this is all about patience.

4.) Do I have this on paper? - Start drawing out some ideas that you want to implement; do I want fish only or coral only? Would a mixed reef be better? Do I want to put $2,000 into a repair and then another $2,000 - $6,000 into the total build? Will I be moving soon? How much rock do I want? What do I want the aquascape to look like? Is there a color theme? Do I want a predator display? Should it be a high end SPS or low maintenance system? The best way to plan is to start with questions 1 and 2. Budget Budget Budget, focusing on this word will give you the highest rate of success and it will guide you into exactly what you are best suited to have and what you want to spend your money and time on.

I would like to help you consider some ideas to help start you on your journey, feel free to reach out and connect with me over anything. Good luck my friend, I look forward to hearing more about the system you have in mind for this display.
Thank you so much!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back