HLLE

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the fun continues. In another QT tank, I have my black tang, two lightning maroons (not being aggressive) and a golden pygmy angel. I noticed the tang appears to have HLLE around his face. It looks like it's "pitted" and is white. I've read copper can cause it. Is there anything I should treat with or let the copper run its course and go from there?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the fun continues. In another QT tank, I have my black tang, two lightning maroons (not being aggressive) and a golden pygmy angel. I noticed the tang appears to have HLLE around his face. It looks like it's "pitted" and is white. I've read copper can cause it. Is there anything I should treat with or let the copper run its course and go from there?

Can you post a picture? If it's HLLE then you just have finish out the copper and in the mean time keep water quality pristine and food quality the best possible. As long is it doesn't get too bad or too deep it can usually heal back up without too much scarring.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture? If it's HLLE then you just have finish out the copper and in the mean time keep water quality pristine and food quality the best possible. As long is it doesn't get too bad or too deep it can usually heal back up without too much scarring.

Ill try to get one. I feed Nori, Reef Frenzy and PE Mysis.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back