Hole in coral

Enduring_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this coral from my lfs when I got it home I noticed this hole and another hole on the other side of it. I dipped it something came out of it. But I was wondering if this will grow back and heal itself or should I count my lost and pitch it?
20240428_170730.jpg

OP
OP
E

Enduring_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I dipped it and something came out of it. I'm new to saltwater so I didn't know if it'll grow back to look normal or if it will always have the hole in the side of it

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn't take any pics of it I figured if it came out of that hole it made the hole so it was no good. When in doubt throw it out

Lol good logic. It came out so it made it. Also safe to assume it may make more in the future

Next time photo the perp when you can. If the worm caused the hole and it’s gone and no more of them, it should heal up and regrow. Will take time though

Was the worm reddish with some white hairs coming out he back / edges of the body ?

OP
OP
E

Enduring_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol good logic. It came out so it made it. Also safe to assume it may make more in the future

Next time photo the perp when you can. If the worm caused the hole and it’s gone and no more of them, it should heal up and regrow. Will take time though

Was the worm reddish with some white hairs coming out he back / edges of the body ?
It was either dark red or a brownish color. Do you know a time frame it'll take for it to grow back? Will it stop it from growing into a colony?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well whatever it was that was in there is gone unless there is more that didn't come out when I dipped it
Their shells fuse to the end of the hole, looks like it was fragged and the tube was cut in half, either very recently (last day or so) and it was the remains of the clam or it was a worm of some sorts or detritus that built up inside the hole

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back