Hole in my frogspawn?

waitwut

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
73
Reaction score
9
Location
Berlin, Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I increased the flow in my tank by adding a Maxspect Gyre 330 as I was having issues with detritus building up on the sand and with cyanobacteria in a few low flow areas. I'm running it on a low setting (no higher than +/- 30% power) and most corals seem fine with it but today my frogspawn has less extension than usual and I noticed what looks like a hole or a tear in the flesh between the polyps.

Anything I should be concerned about? Could this be related to the higher flow?

377988315_983406459613903_2425323835807912113_n.jpg
 
Lol, that makes sense! Never spotted it before. Thanks :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new