Home brew pump with saltwater.

Mike Kearns

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
252
Reaction score
343
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I was thinking about setting up a pump at my mixing station to pump water to my DT, and remembered I had a pump from when I used to do home brewing. Has anyone every used one to pump saltwater? I believe the brand is Chugger, but I don't remember anything else about it, I will have to look when I get home.
 
Hey all,
I was thinking about setting up a pump at my mixing station to pump water to my DT, and remembered I had a pump from when I used to do home brewing. Has anyone every used one to pump saltwater? I believe the brand is Chugger, but I don't remember anything else about it, I will have to look when I get home.
Welcome to the forum! Are you home yet?
 
Welcome to the forum! Are you home yet?

Thanks! Been lurking for a while, reading lots of posts. Just got home. Turns out it is a March pump. Knowing me I am surprised it wasn't a Chugger, the cheaper brand lol. It is an 809 HS. From the website: Wet end-Polysulfone (Front Housing), Stainless Steel (Rear Housing, Shaft), Teflon (Thrust Washer), Silicone (O-Ring), Ryton/Teflon/Glass (Impeller)

Is stainless steel a no no?

20190405_215058.jpg
20190405_215108.jpg
20190405_214818.jpg
 
Hey all,
I was thinking about setting up a pump at my mixing station to pump water to my DT, and remembered I had a pump from when I used to do home brewing. Has anyone every used one to pump saltwater? I believe the brand is Chugger, but I don't remember anything else about it, I will have to look when I get home.
What did you decide? This is my current situation now. If I used my March pump I’d be flushing the pump with RODI after each batch of saltwater was ran through.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new