Home Depot Colored Schedule 40 PVC PIPE?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have seen many threads where multiple people swear they don't use primer.
The reasoning is that aquarium use is such low pressure, there is no need for primer.
I tend to believe the argument as it makes sense.

Your correct but primer doesn’t just held weld the fittings together it also cleans the PVC from any oils and contaminants.

I always lightly sand, chamfer, prime and then glue. I have yet to have a leak and I have glued well over 1,000 fittings and pipe in my time.
 
I used purple formufit from Home Depot because it was cheapest. Free shipping and local returns! No issues. Use clear primer to keep everything looking nice
 
^^Outstanding, thank you! Looks like another vote in favor of the cheap stuff from HD :)

Mucho gracias, Burrito!

-FishFan
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new