Home Electrical

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300, Surge Protector with 6 Individually Controlled Smart Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Works with Alexa & Google Home, No Hub Required , White​

Currently $40 on Amazon. Others may have diff recommendations but I have 2 of these and they haven’t failed yet or gone on/off randomly.

USB ports also good for cameras.
I third these power strips. I have two of the strips and probably 20 of the single outlets throughout my house and love them.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough estimate, I can’t find watts on some so defaulted to 100

IMG_6248.png
Your ATO definately isn't 100W... nor do i think the pH controller is. Skimmer likely isn't either. I have a UPS plugged into 1 outlet (used mainly as power conditioning to protect my apex) and on the UPS i have 2 EB832s (so 16 outlets used there) + 3 non battery backup outlets for lights.... with 300W heater 2 Neptune Sky an XR15 at 70%, everything running i'm at around 1000W total. Considering most of time not everything is going to be running at once or at maximum you're fine to put two 8 outlet or more surge protectors on. If you need extra assurance you can blank off or disconnect the other outlets on the circuit to make it dedicated so no one accidentally plugs in a hair dryer or vaccuum if you're that close to maxing load on the circuit.

wantednca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300, Surge Protector with 6 Individually Controlled Smart Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Works with Alexa & Google Home, No Hub Required , White​

Currently $40 on Amazon. Others may have diff recommendations but I have 2 of these and they haven’t failed yet or gone on/off randomly.

USB ports also good for cameras.
I use kasa as well. It's great for water changes and others you can use the app to turn off a plug

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You have like 600 Watts on that circuit with what you listed. So 5 amps? You aren't even close to overloading.

That said if you can run a 20 amp dedicated circuit to a tank I always recommend it. I usually do that and have a double gang box so 4 receptacles in one box.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back