Horizzontal External ATS 3D Printed

  • Thread starter Thread starter stefano18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2022
Messages
37
Reaction score
35
Location
Sicilia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody !

I wanna show you my new prototype about an Horizzontal Ext. ATS, made whit my 3D printed.

The surface for the algae is about 8000 mm^2. I'd use this filter for a Nanoreef, about 50 L, 13 Gal.

The length is 134mm, but i can extend this one, to 200-300mm. It depends if i can find someone whit a big 3D printer :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: .

I used PLA, all the screws and nuts are made in PLA, except those out water.

The light is a simple 4 LED full-spectrum, maybe something like 4 o 5 Watt..


I should print the PLA net, to algae's support. But i'm looking for something to different of a plastic net, any suggests?

And.. That's it..

So, what do you think..?

It's for fun, if it doesn't work, is not a problem, i spent about 3-4€ of plastic.
but it could work !

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/e6Kzk-H3tkAHere you can watch the filter. (momentaneously is on Sweet Tank)



P.s I'm gonna upload the STL file, if someone wants to print it!
 
Last edited:
I wasn't expecting a "waterslide". Neat! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
you're right.. It's a waterslide... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:



But in this way i hope the water stays inside the filter, it's not easy it goes out whit this filter geometry..


Anyway, i've got a new version in my mind, whit 15cm*15cm Area, absolutely bigger than this.

I wanna see if it works, before to print a new bigger version!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new