• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Horrible experience @Tyreef2016

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I purchased 3 Hanna checker from @Tyreef2016

Items did not arrive as described.
The boxes for one of Hanna checker was broken. The packaging was really bad. There were only a few pieces of broken thermocol foam used as filler. We had a discussion about the boxes and I clearly mentioned it is important for me to have them. Below is the seller provided photo:

44611F5C-7102-4E20-A522-16C2CAC1512B.jpeg

Below is how it came in:
IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

We agreed on a price and shipping with tracking. The seller did not provide a tracking. @Tyreef2016 said that they used third party shipping and the tracking number they has will not help me. I expressed my displease about the event. This ended up in @Tyreef2016 saying that they has been on the forum for a long time and do not enjoy doing business with new members like me. The seller also made sure to remind me that they are a valuable member in this forum.

Trying to resolve this dispute with the seller is resulting in @Tyreef2016 sending insulting DMs.

@Tyreef2016 has agreed to refund the amount one I ship the item back to them. I do not have any confidence the seller will refund any money. I believe this based on the DMs I received from the seller. I am much more conformable if the seller refunds me $10 and we can end this dispute.

Edit: The seller provided me with a tracking number after a few messages. I have no idea why they did not provide the tracking readily without all the drama.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There have been 3 pages of DMs exchanged with the seller. The seller says that I am a joke. It is always some insult. I thought posting here will create more accountability. I will have to create a dispute in PayPal if we cannot reach an agreeable solution here.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers!

from the start this Hanna checkers sale has been a headache!

OP obviously only wants to tell everyone his side of the story so I will start from the beginning.

As we all know this is a hobby and most of us work full time jobs and have several other aspects of life to deal with.

Our transaction began with lowering my price to what he offered. then I nicely asked do you need the boxes? Trying to cut down the price of shipping since we all know I’m leaving this hobby and have sold tons of things over the last 2 weeks. He replied he would really like the containers. Okay no problem. then he starts with they need to be shipped out before Saturday and have tracking, alright whatever start demanding things.. I let it go and say okay.

fast forward to the weekend, I messaged the buyer saying they will be there Tuesday all while I’m taking care of a million other things, he asked me for tracking. I use shipnex and could only see my shipnex tracking number online that I didn’t think the buyer would be able to use. I stated this to him thinking there would be no issue but seems tracking his checkers was a must and he started saying this is not what we agreed to and this is not ideal. After telling him to relax over a tracking number there just Hanna checkers and thought my word of Tuesday would suffice I send him the shipnex tracking number realizing he can go to shipnex and type it in. (Maybe my one flaw in this sale) as said I have a life and sometimes multi tasking a million things doesn’t go as planned.

Op talks about insulting dms! I try to treat everyone how they treat me. Being here on r2r for 2 months isn’t very trust worthy in my eyes and then demanding me to get things out at a certain time etc all while dealing with life’s issues right now had rubbed me the wrong way. I’ve sold countless things on this forum With no issues or disputes. I was sending 5-10 boxes a day last week. I’ve been a stand up seller to many people. Matter a fact I helped one Reefer aquire 2 new wet side mp40s since he noticed a bit of rust last week. I refunded a guy who thought I had an l1 but was a S1, I gave him a DC pump to fit his needs and refunded him a $100. Then a guy wants to argue over Hanna checkers... not a $1000 coral I sold, not a $800 apex but Hanna checkers!!! I worked with many people being super fair in my time here but sometimes you can only take so much. I guess the buyer didn’t like me calling him pal or telling him to relax overthe tracking number.

now to yesterday. Buyer got the packages and starts his complaints again.. oh the box is cracked and the front broke off. Starts listing prices of new Hanna checkers vs what he paid for them. Saying I ripped him off and we need to resolve this. I kinda sensed this coming as he asked to cancel the order once already shipped. The buyer Never took into account the $17 to ship his box. Then starts telling me he would like me to refund him $10 for a plastic box that was chipped in shipping!!! I’m sorry everyone but this is a complete joke in my eyes! His Hanna checkers are fine! I did not smash the box and send it to him like that! Sometimes people don’t realize other people have a lot going on in life and I’m not a business or establishment. I’m not here 24/7 to meet your needs although I work with many reefers to make them happy.

I politely said send them back and I will refund you. That’s how it works no? But keeps urging for a $10 refund or for me to full refund before he sends my box back? No thanks. I told him there is no need for a dispute at this time. If you send them back and don’t get refunded that is when your dispute is needed. I gave up and said do what you would like as I will not give in to your $10 demand.

not sure what else I can do here? I’ve been in this hobby for awhile and on this forum for a few years. I’ve met some amazing people and also a few bad. Out of all my experiences this tops them all as I leave the hobby. My Hanna checker box is cracked. Seriously? I won’t miss issues like these that always arise in our hobby.

Can everyone honestly say there Hanna checker boxes are in mint condition to this day? These containers are flimsy and get worse with time. On top of it all, it occurred in shipping and OP wants to blame me like I broke them. Sorry fedex threw your box around! In my eyes OP should be understanding and see it’s just a box and nothing wrong with his product and be a bigger man then asking someone to refund him $10 over a chipped box.

that’s enough from my side. Thanks for the feedback as I leave this hobby.

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If reef2reef admin have access to the DMs they can verify if there was any politeness in the messages send to me by the seller.

Dealing with this seller has been a nightmare. I understand all of us have our different things going on in our lives. I respect that. However, you cannot expect me to deal with what is going on in your life. We agreed on a price, that I wanted the boxes (I even mentioned it is an obsession of mine), and shipping with tracking. Why did you sell to me if you were not happy with the price? No one forced you!

Yes I rubbed the seller wrong by saying "That was not ideal. Thanks for letting me know." when they said the tracking number they have would not be of use to me. That is all I said to rub them the wrong way. I have no idea what I did wrong there.

Couples of things to point out. @Tyreef2016 asked for payment as friends and family, which is against the policies of this forum. I said I could not do friends and family, however I offered to pay the PayPal fee.

I asked them if there was any way to cancel this whole thing after them telling me "so sorry to rain on your tracking parade but seems you just wanna complain that 1 thing didn't go your way" and pointing out I have been on the site for only 1 month. What does that have to do with anything, when the seller has tried to violate the policies of this forum?

I have not alleged that the seller ripped me off. I pointed out that I payed good money for the items and he showed pictures of intact boxes. The items I got was just not acceptable for the money I paid and the deal we agreed upon.

I am at a place where I do not have enough confidence to ship back to the seller. I do not have any confidence that the seller will refund my money. I have free shipping available through PayPal return shipping refund program. Return shipping will not cost me any money, but I do not trust the seller to play fair and refund my money.

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am just tired dealing with this. I understand boxes can break. The money is not going to make any difference to this horrible experience. Hopefully this feedback thread will help someone else.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If reef2reef admin have access to the DMs they can verify if there was any politeness in the messages send to me by the seller.

Dealing with this seller has been a nightmare. I understand all of us have our different things going on in our lives. I respect that. However, you cannot expect me to deal with what is going on in your life. We agreed on a price, that I wanted the boxes (I even mentioned it is an obsession of mine), and shipping with tracking. Why did you sell to me if you were not happy with the price? No one forced you!

Yes I rubbed the seller wrong by saying "That was not ideal. Thanks for letting me know." when they said the tracking number they have would not be of use to me. That is all I said to rub them the wrong way. I have no idea what I did wrong there.

Couples of things to point out. @Tyreef2016 asked for payment as friends and family, which is against the policies of this forum. I said I could not do friends and family, however I offered to pay the PayPal fee.

I asked them if there was any way to cancel this whole thing after them telling me "so sorry to rain on your tracking parade but seems you just wanna complain that 1 thing didn't go your way" and pointing out I have been on the site for only 1 month. What does that have to do with anything, when the seller has tried to violate the policies of this forum?

I have not alleged that the seller ripped me off. I pointed out that I payed good money for the items and he showed pictures of intact boxes. The items I got was just not acceptable for the money I paid and the deal we agreed upon.

I am at a place where I do not have enough confidence to ship back to the seller. I do not have any confidence that the seller will refund my money. I have free shipping available through PayPal return shipping refund program. Return shipping will not cost me any money, but I do not trust the seller to play fair and refund my money.

i had no issue with price. I had no issue with sending you boxes.

If you believe no one asks these things or offers fees welcome to r2r.

Yes I gave you a bit of an attitude with your tracking number because of your sarcastic response over tracking Hanna checkers.

Yes as stated I didn’t think you could use the shipnex tracking. But sent it to you when I realized you could. Since Tuesday didn’t suit you and you got all upset.

yes we spoke about boxes and you got them. Because fedex treated your box horrible your trying to make this about me? You bring your friend to the thread to talk about someone’s mother who has no idea what he’s talking about. What if my mother is sick at the moment? That’s very respectable.

AS I told you send them back for your refund. Not sure what more you are searching for here? Great free return! what is the issue? From the beginning your attitude has been condescending and yes you are new here and it’s always something to point out when making a sale. Should I contact everyone who received corals and dry goods from me and have them chime in?

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i had no issue with price. I had no issue with sending you boxes.

If you believe no one asks these things or offers fees welcome to r2r.

Yes I gave you a bit of an attitude with your tracking number because of your sarcastic response over tracking Hanna checkers.

Yes as stated I didn’t think you could use the shipnex tracking. But sent it to you when I realized you could. Since Tuesday didn’t suit you and you got all upset.

yes we spoke about boxes and you got them. Because fedex treated your box horrible your trying to make this about me? You bring your friend to the thread to talk about someone’s mother who has no idea what he’s talking about. What if my mother is sick at the moment? That’s very respectable.

AS I told you send them back for your refund. Not sure what more you are searching for here? Great free return! what is the issue? From the beginning your attitude has been condescending and yes you are new here and it’s always something to point out when making a sale. Should I contact everyone who received corals and dry goods from me and have them chime in?
Your words speak towards your attitude. This is a feedback thread. I have no idea why other people are commenting here. They shouldn’t be.

I have no interest in dealing with you anymore. This feedback thread is going to help someone else. I am not shipping the box back and loosing all my money. No thanks.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been 3 pages of DMs exchanged with the seller. The seller says that I am a joke. It is always some insult. I thought posting here will create more accountability. I will have to create a dispute in PayPal if we cannot reach an agreeable solution here.
Did you Try duct tape? :oops:

I’m sorry I’ll stop now. Who knew a horrible experience would be about a cracked Hanna checker box and not the Hanna checkers themselves. Open a dispute, send them back do what you need to. I can’t take someone trying to bash me over this. You are acting like I threw your checkers in the box and threw it around before shipping it. This is something 99/100 people would be like **** fedex strikes again but you being that 1/100 that like to make yourself heard. Heck even big companies have issues during shipping. The world is far from perfect and this is something that is far from a deal breaker. I’ve gone above and beyond when needed and this seems like your just on an ego trip over a plastic box.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your words speak towards your attitude. This is a feedback thread. I have no idea why other people are commenting here. They shouldn’t be.

I have no interest in dealing with you anymore. This feedback thread is going to help someone else. I am not shipping the box back and loosing all my money. No thanks.
Sorry about my attitude over a cracked plastic box which has become a fiasco. It’s like ordering a bucket of salt and the bucket is cracked a little. Is the salt therefore bad? Do you demand a large company reimburse you for the cracked bucket?

If a thread helps anyone I’m all for it!

these words couldn’t be further from the truth. You are backed by PayPal always taking buyers side over seller. That’s also to say I’m not going to refund once the product is received. It’s like knowing your covered in all aspects but still try and say I’m a bad guy here.

You asked for boxes, you got boxes
You asked for tracking, I got you tracking
You asked to return, I said sure

I don’t know what more you want man and if this is a horrible experience I fear the outcome of when something truly horrible happens.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder that this is a feedback thread. Only the buyer and seller are permitted to post in the thread. Only exception is posting a link to your own feedback thread regarding one of the parties involved.

Thank you,

Crabs

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You asked for boxes, you got boxes
You asked for tracking, I got you tracking
You asked to return, I said sure

I don’t know what more you want man and if this is a horrible experience I fear the outcome of when something truly horrible happens.
I didn't ask for return. That was the only solution that you could offer. I do not have the confidence that you will refund the money once I ship the items. We could not reach a solution here and I am fine with it.

We never had a conversation about me having a problem with items being delivered on Tuesday. You making up things now?

Like someone else commented here (you are not supposed to, this is a feedback thread), there are much more things to go bad in this hobby and I agree with them.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure what you mean. I said they would be there Tuesday and you got upset my words weren’t tracking numbers.. is that clearer for you to understand?

man this gives me a headache.

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James I wish you the best I really do. I’m sorry your box was cracked and I had no control over it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back