Hose clamps

  • Thread starter Thread starter BeachBumTX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BeachBumTX

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
51
Location
Corpus Christi
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, can't find plastic hose clamps locally. Is it not recommended to use stainless hose clamps in saltwater? Need to secure hose to return pump.
 
Have you looked to order them through and online vendor?
 
Yeah, going to order online. Instead of waiting a week, I will use the stainless for now so I can plumb the return lines. No water going into it for a while.
 
Regular old metal ones are fine. They just rust, which is just natural GFO.

I cant stand the plastic ones because they rarely ever have enough clamping pressure and are a PINA to remove.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new