Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your corals?

All recovered. I have one green metallic mushroom who moved where I can't see him well. When I get in . the crazy angle, I can see that he is opening up and seems fine. My purple zoas spit out a bunch of new heads - which surprised me.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it recovered nicely. Similar issue last week here as well. Our AC doesn't turn on until I carry it up from the basement.. lol.

Came home and found the tank working its way towards 83 degrees. It looked silly with a window box fan sitting on top of the canopy, but the temp came down quick.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure an apex is in my future with

Yeah it's a nest. I had the max temp set too high for the fish tank. Lesson learned and crisis averted.

I was considering a Nest for my condo and now based on your experience I will stick with my old fashioned thermostat that I control by hand. ;)

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering a Nest for my condo and now based on your experience I will stick with my old fashioned thermostat that I control by hand. ;)

You can set an upper limit, I'm pretty sure I had my upper limit off. You can also turn off the auto-away mode. I just honestly didn't even think about it being an issue. Super happy I learned from it before it had gotten super hot!

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobalt accu-therm, but the temp increase wasn't due to the heater. It was because the house got super hot because I was out of town and the AC has an auto-turn off feature if it knows no one is home. The feature has since been disabled. Glad it happened while I was gone for the weekend and not over a week vacay.

I had some of these in my 120 until one of them decided it wanted to get stuck while I was working, temp got to 88 before I came back in & looked at the tank. Threw them all out & now I use these. Works great.
https://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Tru..._Heater_800_Watt-JB1531-FIHTTH-JB1537-vi.html

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back