How can I time my RO filter tap?

PranK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi GUys,

Rather than have my RO filter turn on and off a million times a day by using my RO reservoir float switch, I'd like to time the water being available.

Eg, if the float turns on, it stays that way until the timer switches the water supply on. Then the float works as usual to turn the water off when the reservoir is full.

This would mean more water for a longer period through the filter.

The kicker here though is that I have the water coming out of the filter forked into 2 hoses, one going to the float switch the other going to a manual valve which we use weekly to fill up a kitchen water resoivoir as all. While it's not 100% required to have this also, it'd be beneficial.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you are looking for is a "1/4" push connect solenoid valve." You could plug it into a simple Christmas tree timer, smart home plug or aquarium controller. Complexity and control are as fine-grained as you want after that.

OP
OP
PranK

PranK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you are looking for is a "1/4" push connect solenoid valve." You could plug it into a simple Christmas tree timer, smart home plug or aquarium controller. Complexity and control are as fine-grained as you want after that.

Thanks Bo. Like this?

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, not sure about AU power requirements or wiring, but 12v should run off a small power brick. Just make sure to get a solenoid that is normally open.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back