How did this forum start? What was the first thread?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I heard it was:

David @revhtree was walking on the road to Damascus where there was a frag swap.

Along the way the clouds parted and God said, "Why sell such insignificance corals at swap? Start your own Forum, David and follow Me"

David @revhtree was blind for 3 days

On the 3rd day God spoke to @Peace River and directed him to go lay hands on David to restore his sight.

Fully repentive David started Reef2Reef and brought @Peace River along for the journey

Last edited:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears the first members registered May 8, 2006 (including but not limited to @revhtree and @ficklefins). Looking at their post history, I can’t find anything prior to June 2006, so I’m curious if that prior data is archived somewhere or lost forever

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interview @revhtree did few years ago.mostly already been said from link I shared in first post along with lots other stuff from other posters in this thread and other thread but bit more info aswell for anyone who interested ^_^

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I heard it was:

David @revhtree was walking on the road to Damascus where there was a frag swap.

Along the way the clouds parted and God said, "Why sell such insignificance corals at swap? Start your own Forum, David and follow Me"

David @revhtree was blind for 3 days

On the 3rd day God spoke to @Peace River and directed him to go lay hands on David to restore his sight.

Fully repentive David started Reef2Reef and brought @Peace River along for the journey

Ohh that's how it happened

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Interview @revhtree did few years ago.mostly already been said from link I shared in first post along with lots other stuff from other posters in this thread and other thread but bit more info aswell for anyone who interested ^_^
I remember back in the spring of 2006 on Reef Central that a few members I knew suddenly had the "Club Zoa" under their user name. I noticed more than just a few so I sent a pm to one of them and asked about what this was about. I don 't remember who exactly, but they said it was a new forum and gave me a link to it.
I remember going there and seeing the color scheme and thinking it was really cool. Kind of a underground thing.
Back on Reef Central they noticed too ( probably way before me) because when you tried to tell someone about Club Zoa, the words were censored. You could not type Club Zoa. lol **** ***.
I also noticed under a few members name was " Moved On"

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember back in the spring of 2006 on Reef Central that a few members I knew suddenly had the "Club Zoa" under their user name. I noticed more than just a few so I sent a pm to one of them and asked about what this was about. I don 't remember who exactly, but they said it was a new forum and gave me a link to it.
I remember going there and seeing the color scheme and thinking it was really cool. Kind of a underground thing.
Back on Reef Central they noticed too ( probably way before me) because when you tried to tell someone about Club Zoa, the words were censored. You could not type Club Zoa. lol **** ***.
And that in a nutshell is why a lot of us "moved on".

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that in a nutshell is why a lot of us "moved on".
Definitely. I still post on RC but they were very strict in moderating and censoring. Back in the day It seems instead of wanting to share information they were more concerned with keeping it in house. Now they seem to be quite lax but they also don’t have thousands of posts a day anymore

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy! I mean, one of the surest ways to greatly increase attention on a relatively harmless thing is to censor it like that.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's crazy! I mean, one of the surest ways to greatly increase attention on a relatively harmless thing is to censor it like that.
Yeah, it was so heavy handed it was funny.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm wasn't about in them times,and maybe only in thinking of wanting a reef tank back then,but seems kinda of silly to censor another forum as can see quite a few thinking " ummm we can't even mention another forum name here" and get negative views on who runs it but never been a member of any forum till I joined r2r begginning last year so no personal experience tbh.

All I know is my 9 months or so here ,is that its a very friendly place to be and the majority actively seek to help others be successful and I know myself personally when trying to help someone on something and if found another forum thread on the matter,I've shared that from another forum many times and no one never said that I can't ir I shouldn't which is how I think it should be as we all reefers and if we can all help each other if needed I. A friendly / helpful way then forum served its purpose ( well one of its purposes) ^_^

So I'm happy to be here and happy to help when I can and hopefully as my experience gains I will be able to help on more aspects of reef keeping as I'm only a baby ^_^

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye, that moved on thing is on other forums to, I think it means they left the forum? Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely. I still post on RC but they were very strict in moderating and censoring. Back in the day It seems instead of wanting to share information they were more concerned with keeping it in house. Now they seem to be quite lax but they also don’t have thousands of posts a day anymore
I kinda feel like making an account on rc just to see what all the fuss is about lol

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm wasn't about in them times,and maybe only in thinking of wanting a reef tank back then,but seems kinda of silly to censor another forum as can see quite a few thinking " ummm we can't even mention another forum name here" and get negative views on who runs it but never been a member of any forum till I joined r2r begginning last year so no personal experience tbh.

All I know is my 9 months or so here ,is that its a very friendly place to be and the majority actively seek to help others be successful and I know myself personally when trying to help someone on something and if found another forum thread on the matter,I've shared that from another forum many times and no one never said that I can't ir I shouldn't which is how I think it should be as we all reefers and if we can all help each other if needed I. A friendly / helpful way then forum served its purpose ( well one of its purposes) ^_^

So I'm happy to be here and happy to help when I can and hopefully as my experience gains I will be able to help on more aspects of reef keeping as I'm only a baby ^_^
As a begginer I completely agree

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Moved on” was the “polite” version of saying someone was banned.

Back in the day, I couldn’t tell you how many times someone’s “response” to a question was “did you use the search function?” That really got on my nerves as the search barely worked half the time anyway.

Like I said, now RC has gotten quite lax, my experience is they don’t take action unless it’s reported. With the new update, I don’t know if they still have all the vendors in place but yea. I know they were prior to the update.

However, getting back on track, hopefully we can find the very first thread. It would be awesome just to have it stickied at the top of one of the forums like “First Club Zoa/R2R post ever”

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Moved on” was the “polite” version of saying someone was banned.

Back in the day, I couldn’t tell you how many times someone’s “response” to a question was “did you use the search function?” That really got on my nerves as the search barely worked half the time anyway.

Like I said, now RC has gotten quite lax, my experience is they don’t take action unless it’s reported. With the new update, I don’t know if they still have all the vendors in place but yea. I know they were prior to the update.

However, getting back on track, hopefully we can find the very first thread. It would be awesome just to have it stickied at the top of one of the forums like “First Club Zoa/R2R post ever”
Alright, thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back