How do I Acclimate my Macroalgae?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first thing you should do is slightly open the lid of the jar that the macroalgae is in. The reason for this is to adjust the pH levels slowly. With the lid slightly open, the carbon dioxide levels and oxygen levels will become normal, and the pH will gradually rise. Next, acclimate the macroalgae to the temperature of the tank. You can do this by floating the macroalgae in the aquarium, or if your aquarium generally runs at room temperature (it doesn't heavily rely on a heater or chiller to regulate temperature), just leave it in the room for about 15 minutes. After this, you should rinse the macroalgae using water from your aquarium. Do not add the water from the bowl back to the tank. The final thing you need to acclimate your macroalgae to is light. Like corals, macroalgae can be shocked by sudden intense lighting. During the first day, leave the refugium lights (or whatever light the macroalgae is under) off. If you have and adjustable light, dim the lights for the next day.

Read more here: https://help.algaebarn.com/portal/e...gae#What_causes_macroalgae_to_become_stressed

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back