How do I save the torch coral?

HydroJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2022
Messages
488
Reaction score
198
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This torch coral had brown jelly just a few weeks before; one of the heads melted off. The remaining head has been looking sick for a while. I dipped it several times, but it still did not look great.



Is there any idea to help me save it?

image.jpg
 
This torch coral had brown jelly just a few weeks before; one of the heads melted off. The remaining head has been looking sick for a while. I dipped it several times, but it still did not look great.



Is there any idea to help me save it?

image.jpg
Continuing to dip may be irritating it. Which dip have you been using?

A couple of thoughts: 1) a cipro bath and 2) Restor from brightwell.

Crossing fingers for you!
 
This system is a 20g nano. Light is AI prime. Use all for reef and general KH booster solution. Ca is 400, kh 9, nitrite is not detectable but I feed heavy.
 
Continuing to dip may be irritating it. Which dip have you been using?

A couple of thoughts: 1) a cipro bath and 2) Restor from brightwell.

Crossing fingers for you!
I use iodine reef dip, I will try the restore
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new