how do you feed yellow watchman goby?

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends

so i have a yellow watchman goby. always at the sand bed. now im feeding all my fish pellets. it will float for like 10-20 second and he won't swim up to the the surface/feeding area. So im not sure how exactly to feed him.. Can I use some frozen food? any thoughts?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a black ladder goby, and if you have other fish in the tank they will be very shy and stay close to their borrows. I have been feeding mine the frozen shrimp misis, as it sinks down, he will stay next to his sand home and eat. I have mostly tangs, and there is no aggression in my tank. They really clean the sand bed, it’s soo much prettier, and whiter. They are truly amazing when it comes to gettting rid of cyano that’s for sure. You will have to clean off your corals that are on the sand bed often,as with me.

He will sift the sand for food, but will or start taking the misis if food runs low in your current sand bed. :)

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a YWG too. Mine will swim out into the water column at feeding time but there has to be food in the middle or it won’t.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends

so i have a yellow watchman goby. always at the sand bed. now im feeding all my fish pellets. it will float for like 10-20 second and he won't swim up to the the surface/feeding area. So im not sure how exactly to feed him.. Can I use some frozen food? any thoughts?
Yeah, target feed him by placing mysis, enriched brine shrimp, bloodworms, squid, etc. where he can easily find it; after a while he will probably become more aggressive in competing for food.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one eats brittle stars too. Gulp.
IMG_20171228_165335892.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do i feed shrimp food with pipette? can i pick solid food using that? any amazon links?
I use something like this to suck up pellets or frozen food from a feeding container (plastic cup) after it has thawed and been water changed using my RO/DI and then squirt it in front of goby, inverts, corals, etc. Most lfs's carry this product.
412cueGYPML.jpg

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pm me your address? I can send ya one. It's easy. My son is a huge fan of target feeding.

Thanks :) that's very kind of you but I don;t wanna trouble you :)

I use something like this to suck up pellets or frozen food from a feeding container (plastic cup) after it has thawed and been water changed using my RO/DI and then squirt it in front of goby, inverts, corals, etc. Most lfs's carry this product.
412cueGYPML.jpg

Yea I have this but a small one. I can get a slightly bigger one from my LFS

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks :) that's very kind of you but I don;t wanna trouble you :)

Yea I have this but a small one. I can get a slightly bigger one from my LFS
Cool. Take a little tank water and mix it on a plate with whatever you feed. Suck it back up in the pipette. There ya go. FYI, if your watchman is bigger, it will enjoy chunkier pieces of frozen.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your watchman is skittish, you might want a longer pipette.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for my watchman, the julius thing is long enough to reach the bottom of the tank. I also use it to blow the detritus off the rocks and spot clean the sand between water changes

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never target fed mine, but I would pre-soak the pellets so they would sink as soon as they're added. It worked great and eventually he gained enough confidence to go to the surface.

Dpate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a ketchup bottle or other small bottle with a small opening, sterilize, put food in bottle and lay bottle on sand bed. Watch goby eat to its hearts content!

Aborin1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed my tiger pistol/ watchman goby pair mysis shrimp with a turkey baster next to their hiding spot.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No special needs. Food always hits the bottom, and yes, watchman, in fact goby will find it

Back