how do you feed yellow watchman goby?

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a pinch of pellets on the surface of the water for my clowns and then another pinch I put in below the surface of the water. Dropping it below the surface will make the pellets sink immediately. My clowns are usually distracted enough with the pellets on the surface, so my goby is able to come out and get the pellets that drop.

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a pinch of pellets on the surface of the water for my clowns and then another pinch I put in below the surface of the water. Dropping it below the surface will make the pellets sink immediately. My clowns are usually distracted enough with the pellets on the surface, so my goby is able to come out and get the pellets that drop.

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you drop the pellets below the surface of the water they will sink immediately. I drop a pinch of pellets on the surface first for my clowns then put another pinch below the surface for my goby. The clowns are usually distracted by the surface pellets so the goby has plenty of chances to get what sinks.

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys need some help here..

so i tried target feeding him, but he is running away. and when i squeeze out the food, its getting mixed with the sand bed..

What happens if i never feed him? will he be able to shift those food around and eat? I dont want my goby to starve..

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Move the pipette up a little when you feed.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed a variety, mainly frozen food. My YWGs feed pretty aggressively when they aren’t caring for eggs. I auto-feed pellets once a day, but the other fish usually get them before the YWGs get a chance. The YWGs eat everything else... LRS, PE Mysis, chopped squid, flake, etc.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My son's is a hungry hippo. Prefers chunkier pieces of Reef Frenzy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back