how do you feed yellow watchman goby?

I put a pinch of pellets on the surface of the water for my clowns and then another pinch I put in below the surface of the water. Dropping it below the surface will make the pellets sink immediately. My clowns are usually distracted enough with the pellets on the surface, so my goby is able to come out and get the pellets that drop.
 
I put a pinch of pellets on the surface of the water for my clowns and then another pinch I put in below the surface of the water. Dropping it below the surface will make the pellets sink immediately. My clowns are usually distracted enough with the pellets on the surface, so my goby is able to come out and get the pellets that drop.
 
If you drop the pellets below the surface of the water they will sink immediately. I drop a pinch of pellets on the surface first for my clowns then put another pinch below the surface for my goby. The clowns are usually distracted by the surface pellets so the goby has plenty of chances to get what sinks.
 
hey guys need some help here..

so i tried target feeding him, but he is running away. and when i squeeze out the food, its getting mixed with the sand bed..

What happens if i never feed him? will he be able to shift those food around and eat? I dont want my goby to starve..
 
Move the pipette up a little when you feed.
 
I tried that but he is not catching the pellets hmm
 
I would feed a variety, mainly frozen food. My YWGs feed pretty aggressively when they aren’t caring for eggs. I auto-feed pellets once a day, but the other fish usually get them before the YWGs get a chance. The YWGs eat everything else... LRS, PE Mysis, chopped squid, flake, etc.
 
My son's is a hungry hippo. Prefers chunkier pieces of Reef Frenzy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new