• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

how do you guys will handle this situation ?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple contacted me over on facebook over a month ago wanting a chalice pack we posted, by the time they asked for it. Packs were sold out... They said, they were really interested in getting one pack so I said " well, let me check if we can put a pack together for u" ... Finally we made them the frags, by the time we were going to send them out, one of the frags melted away, so we cut up another piece and waited 1 week for healing and one more week bcuz they werent answering my emails. Ok anyway the pieces were shipped out on Wednesday February 22 for delivery on Thursday 23. But on Friday 24 I received an email saying 4 chalice frags were dead and one was still alive but not looking good. Right after that the wife sent me the pictures, I told her that we'll be happy to fix the problem but my question was how did they arrive yesterday (february 23) . She said they seemed okay.
Anyway we offer them a replacement of the corals dead , the pieces will be a little smaller since we were limited In some of them and they will have to pay for the shipping. Her answers was, this is not going to work out. I want my refund bcuz it wasn't our fault.
I explained her this wasn't an DOA event. However we'll be happy to give him a replacement of corals (they must pay for shipping) or give him credit toward a future purcharses. Her answer is again she doesn't want credit or replacement, just the money back. I told her we're doing this equable for both but she seems not to understand our point, now i have hrer husband sending me messages on facebook everyday and being so rough with me, she's not responding the emails now, i already saved all emails and messages on Fbook!

What would u guys think of this, do you think we're being fair??

you're input is greatly appreciated

TIA

liz~

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From an outside, consumer point of view, I'd say you've done more than most. Most DOA policies only cover them on arrival (hence, Dead On Arrival). The fact that you're even willing to replace them after a day or two in their tank says that you're going above and beyond. I can't think of any places, off the top of my head, that offer a refund on shipping on DOA items. I would be very pleased at the notion of you even offering replacements or credit. JMHO of course.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think YOU are being more than kind in working with them and are doing MORE than you really even need to in order to keep them happy...DOA means Dead On Arrival not 1-2 days later, ask them why that is so hard to understand and tell them they can either accept the options you gave them and atleast get some kind of credit or they can take NOTHING at all

You have gone out of your way to help them and they are the ones being stubborn

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your good Liz this is a public forum... Sorry for the ordeal at hand but I agree with the 2 post above me... Keep everything documented so you can do your best to cover your self...

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me it honestly sounds like they may be early into the salt water hobby and may have just seen something they liked and had no clue on care for it??? i could be wrong but eveything you have done to make the deal is above and beyond what most would be willing to do so i woudlnt feed bad for any of it! you offered replacement and credit! i would be more than happy with that!

OP
OP
Liz ZoaGirl

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From an outside, consumer point of view, I'd say you've done more than most. Most DOA policies only cover them on arrival (hence, Dead On Arrival). The fact that you're even willing to replace them after a day or two in their tank says that you're going above and beyond. I can't think of any places, off the top of my head, that offer a refund on shipping on DOA items. I would be very pleased at the notion of you even offering replacements or credit. JMHO of
course.

thanks for your input!

I think YOU are being more than kind in working with them and are doing MORE than you really even need to in order to keep them happy...DOA means Dead On Arrival not 1-2 days later, ask them why that is so hard to understand and tell them they can either accept the options you gave them and atleast get some kind of credit or they can take NOTHING at all

You have gone out of your way to help them and they are the ones being stubborn

yes,and now he tells it was our fault bcuz the frags werent healed and blah bla bla, i actually sent tracking number and WYSIWYG pictures we took when we were bagging the corals...

Your good Liz this is a public forum... Sorry for the ordeal at hand but I agree with the 2 post above me... Keep everything documented so you can do your best to cover your self...

thanks troylee, i have saved all the her emails and conversations over on facebook, we really want to work this out with them but now the situation is getting worst since the husband keeps messaging me on Facebook, being so
rough too.
to me it honestly sounds like they may be early into the salt water hobby and may have just seen something they liked and had no clue on care for it??? i could be wrong but eveything you have done to make the deal is above and beyond what most would be willing to do so i woudlnt feed bad for any of it! you offered replacement and credit! i would be more than happy with that!
well, she said they've been into saltwater for 4 years and they have a 500g system, i dunno what was the problem with the chalices, i actually told her the shipping policy is to protect ourself, how do we really know there wasnt foul play just so they can get their money back? ... bt even with that we're being flexible and willing to work this out by giving them the replacements or credit! ..

i just hope to solve the problem asap..

Last edited:

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish that i could have had most people do to me what u r willing to do. I would not have lost so much money through the years. U r doing the right thing.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you did the right thing, offering the replacement frags. I ordered from you guys 2 months ago and had a similar problem. The pieces didn't look that healthy when they arrived and when I contacted one of your reps at RC and told them one of my frags died (under a week later) and another was on the way out I wasn't offered any replacement or credit. Kind of disapointing but I chalked it up as a loss. Is this your policy? I didn't see anything on the website regarding it.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^+1 t That's exactly what i was thinking. Do u have somewhere with a policy they would have seen our a terms of service? If you do i would point them to that and tell them to stop contacting u. You can't make everyone 100% happy all of the time.

riverview1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people are having similar problems maybe you should let them heal more .
the stress of shipping did them in more than likely

OP
OP
Liz ZoaGirl

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish that i could have had most people do to me what u r willing to do. I would not have lost so much money through the years. U r doing the right thing.

thanks Mike, btw pm sent:D

Sounds like you did the right thing, offering the replacement frags. I ordered from you guys 2 months ago and had a similar problem. The pieces didn't look that healthy when they arrived and when I contacted one of your reps at RC and told them one of my frags died (under a week later) and another was on the way out I wasn't offered any replacement or credit. Kind of disapointing but I chalked it up as a loss. Is this your policy? I didn't see anything on the website regarding it.

frank,
im sorry to hear this, our policy is that we guarantee live arrival but we need our customers communication to know if there is a problem when we do not receive any communication, we assume that everything is okay.
can you please contact to the rep that sold u the corals.

^+1 t That's exactly what i was thinking. Do u have somewhere with a policy they would have seen our a terms of service? If you do i would point them to that and tell them to stop contacting u. You can't make everyone 100% happy all of the time.

yes, we do, It's on the bottom of our website page.
Reefers Cove | All for your reefing needs

If people are having similar problems maybe you should let them heal more .
the stress of shipping did them in more than likely

we are not having a healing problem since the majority our coral are wysiwyg or healed for a month, actually in this situation WYSIWYG pictures were sent together with tracking number. we wouldn't ship out corals that are not looking good anyway.

thanks all for your input! :)

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if they wanted the money back...then they should send the exact dead corals back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i buy many corals from reefers cove and never have any problems,last weak i buy a convict chalice from rc and its a extreme awesome frag,some people dont send you dead corals pics and what the money back helllll yeaaaa very smart,bewere of pirates lol

OP
OP
Liz ZoaGirl

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for all the input and kind words guys! ... im just trying to be fair with them but now, they're doing a LOT of drama on fbook!! ....
and the worst of this is that they're opening a new store in florida, him being a owner of the store should know the policies when buying corals, right?? ...

63vette427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the worst of this is that they're opening a new store in florida, him being a owner of the store should know the policies when buying corals, right?? ...[/QUOTE]

If he doesn't know them now he will learn very quickly when he starts selling...

OP
OP
Liz ZoaGirl

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i know, he did a drama on facebook, telling im an scam and bla bla bla bla ... At the end .. they said, go ahead and send us the coral! ...
they got me really upset ... but now im just laughing , now i know you cant make everyone happy! !

rayjen reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
This is Ray and Jen, I think rightfully we should be able to defend ourselves in this forum.
First of all i would like to state that we are NOT new to the hobby, we just decided to take our chances and order from someone on facebook.
Second, We ordered these frags on Jan 7. Liz told me that they would have to cut new frags and let them heal. we were under the assumption at first that they were ready to go, so I said that had I known they were going to take that long, i would never had ordered them. we decided to go ahead with the order and was told that they would be shipped on the 23. When that date came around, Liz was ready to ship but I did let her know that we had bad weather coming and we should wait until it passed. She agreed and told me she had another shipment to NY that she would wait for as well. a few days later she told me the Convict we ordered was receding and they would have to take another cutting which would have to heal. We ordered 5 chalice frags in all. We waited for the Convict to be ready and decided on a shipment date. The order was shipped on The 22nd Feb, one month after the original date and were received on the 23. All of the frags were purple when we received them, they were all in tiny bags with about a 1/4 cup of water in each bag and one heat pack on the lid of the box. Upon arrival we floated the bags to get them to the temp of our tank and placed them in a 500 gallon system that has been running successfully for about 2 1/2 years. Hence the photo on our profile is just a small photo of the system. We removed the coral from the bags, placed them on a rack in our middle tank with low light and low flow. When I woke up at 9:00 am the next morning, 4 of them were completly receded with only the skeleton remaining, the blueberry was dead the next day. I immediatly took pictures and sent them to her. She said that they would do what they could to fix the problem and asked me what they looked like when we received them. I told her that all of them were purple.
We have many chalice in our collection, we were actually educated by one of the best chalice growers in western N.Y. and never have we had a chalice die in less than 24 hours. She said that she would replace the chalice but that they would have to be cut and healed. We did not want to take another chance with dead coral and asked for our money back.
If these coral were in their care (minus the Convict) for a month and a half, they should have been well healed not dead by morning. Had we only lost one, that would not have been a problem, like I said on FB, loss is expected but not all at once. I would also like to ask that if all 5 took 2 weeks to heal before shipping how was the new Convict going to heal in a week? We let people know on FB that if you take the chance with this company you might get burned. This is exactly why we don't order from facebook, to many people pushing out coral and not taking the time to make sure that they are healed and healthy nefore selling.
I also posted on FB that we do own a store and have for 5 years now. Lesson learned. If you want to ship new coral you might want to doit soon the nicest days of this week are TUES, WEd, Thurs. And also we will be out of the country the first two weeks of April diving so you might want to get on it. I wouldn't want the coral to stay in your care for to long.
Thanks for letting us defend ourselves. When the new coral are received I will post photos and hopefully Not have to post any dead ones the morning after.

OP
OP
Liz ZoaGirl

Liz ZoaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first of all, when you asked for the pack they were sold out, i told u i will have to make the frags.
second, i saw your post of on Facebook you made early in the morning on the same day you received them, complaining about how we were ripping off people because you didn't like the size of the frags, how come you had time to post that on Facebook but you didn't have time to take some pictures of the corals and send them to me if u had any problem with it... you send me pictures the next morning, not the same day. and when i ask jen about how did they arrived she said OK.
third.- i was being nice with her through emails and we were resolving this matter nicely until you (ray) started aggressively and harassing me which i don't understand. there was not need to act that way. i told jen i was flexible and i was willing to solve the problem according to our policies, even if you didn't follow our policy i was more than willing to resolve the matter but seemed like u didn't get that and started doing all that drama on Facebook.
now, dispute everything that happened i was still going to resolve the matter so that you will be satisfy with your purchase from Reefers Cove but it seems that before you receive the corals that you made up your mind that you want it your money back. i was offering a replacement of the corals but after the way you treated me and knowing that you didn't follow our policy i have not choice but to decline our offer of replacing the corals, i was patient and understanding but no one deserve to be verbally attack. hopefully you will not treat you future customer the way you treated me because you will have none.

nycpassat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to read their Guarantee policy, its conveniently located at the bottom of their website. In addition, as far as their customer service, Reefers Cove had gone above and beyond. They did not have to resend you replacements but yet they were kind enough to work with you.

Maybe you need to test your water parameters or relearn how to acclimate new corals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back