How effective/safe is dino x?

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im on dose 8 of dino X. initially i was being conservative with treatment and only dosing 4ml per 26 gallons. directions say 5. i had no issues. i started being an idiot and dosing 7ml because im stupid, and its def hurting my favia and xenia. all my inverts and fish are fine. It did kill everything beneficial, like copepods, phyto, diatoms, but it is also definitely killing my dino lol. dino is all but gone. the question now is, should i keep going and for how long. i think imma cut back on dose to 4ml per 26gallons again and do a couple more treatments.
IMO if you have a microscope; DinoX should have been a last resort. Hope your on Macks page on FB if you need help. Good luck

OP
OP
D

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. The Dino x killed all my sps and torches. Im so not happy.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll never use that stuff again. What ultimately worked multiple times for me was doing elegant corals dino treatment.

tbasinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Dino’s, I turned off my protein skimmer stopped doing water changes for a bit and started dosing bacteria and carbon from the zeovit system and it went away

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. The Dino x killed all my sps and torches. Im so not happy.
thanks. In my experience it seems to be a chemically a stronger/ harsher algaecide than the more common algaefix etc.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. In my experience it seems to be a chemically a stronger/ harsher algaecide than the more common algaefix etc.

I would highly recommend the stuff for people with fish only tanks. it did work and killed all my dinos. its just i cant recomend if you have sps. and even for LPS people should cut the recomended dose in half in my experience. or cut the time down that its administred.
i followed the directions, dosed 5ml per 25 gallons as directed, for 3 weeks. my losses didnt occur till end of third week. on thier site they say dino's release toxins which is usually the cause for loss but i vacuumed out 95% of the dinos prior to starting so i know its not dino toxins that did it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back