How High To Mount T5's?

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone. I bought the Aquatic Life Floating T5 LED Hybrid Suspension Hanging Kit. Was wondering how high i should mount the light above the tank? I'm somewhat new to T5 so any info would greatly be appreciated.

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I can give is watch BRS 365 days of reefing they did a whole video on the subject. With how height affects the amount of par throughout the tank.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their is something else you have to take into consideration. If you have a canopy then it doesn't matter, but if you don't then most people mount them so they don't blind them when they sit down in a chair in the same room near the tank. As @BayouReefer said, BRS has a great video on lighting heights.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello everyone. I bought the Aquatic Life Floating T5 LED Hybrid Suspension Hanging Kit. Was wondering how high i should mount the light above the tank? I'm somewhat new to T5 so any info would greatly be appreciated.
Is this the one that you have to supply the led fixture?
If it is, I would go with what is recommended for that fixture.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back