How is my flow? MP10 Placement?

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just got coral yesterday and have been playing around with my mp10 placement. I currently have it on reefcrest 30% power. Is the flow ok? Should I move the mp10? Not planning to add sps, but am planning to add corals for the sandbed like acans or micromussa.

IMG_9418.jpg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah, it was directly on my two torches in the front before so I knew I had to move it.
I have a original mp10 and love that thing. Great powerheads.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a original mp10 and love that thing. Great powerheads.
Yeah I love mine as well. Lots of other nano owners for my tank use one and say it’s overkill, but just want to make sure my coral grow and thrive. I know that flow is pretty important so I’m trying to get the best placement for the mp10 for my scape

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I love mine as well. Lots of other nano owners for my tank use one and say it’s overkill, but just want to make sure my coral grow and thrive. I know that flow is pretty important so I’m trying to get the best placement for the mp10 for my scape
Is your tank an all in one? Or is the back open? Just curious because I have a mp40 on my back wall and it’s a super clean look and creates awesome flow.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep, I also have a mp40 on my back wall and it spreads the flow all around the tank. I even forget that I’m using one lol since it’s hidden at the back.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank an all in one? Or is the back open? Just curious because I have a mp40 on my back wall and it’s a super clean look and creates awesome flow.
It’s an all in one, the Red Sea max nano to be specific. Don’t think I can fit it on the back wall. I was considering another power head maybe on the other side to make the flow more random and reduce dead spots but like I said I was told the mp10 was overkill already

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I also have a mp40 on my back wall and it spreads the flow all around the tank. I even forget that I’m using one lol since it’s hidden at the back.
I have mine set up on my apex to turn on every 15 minutes and run for 10 minutes love the flow it brings in my tank.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s an all in one, the Red Sea max nano to be specific. Don’t think I can fit it on the back wall. I was considering another power head maybe on the other side to make the flow more random and reduce dead spots but like I said I was told the mp10 was overkill already
What percent are you running it at now?

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine set up on my apex to turn on every 15 minutes and run for 10 minutes love the flow it brings in my tank.
I was deciding whether or not I should get an apex as my tank has a bunch of high end coral but decided not to as I feel it would be too confusing

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice, I run it all the time since I just started to have sps. I‘m using reefcrest at random power during the day (max is at 50%) and lagoon at random power during the night (max is 50% too).

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I run it all the time since I just started to have sps. I‘m using reefcrest at random power during the day (max is at 50%) and lagoon at random power during the night (max is 50% too).
How do you have the option for random power and to change modes?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was deciding whether or not I should get an apex as my tank has a bunch of high end coral but decided not to as I feel it would be too confusing
They are extremely simple to operate with the basic functions!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it’s an app right? I’m only using the physical controls on the mp10. I thought they didn’t have app support yet?
It’s up and running now should be able to use it I use with it and through the apex.

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, it’s an app right? I’m only using the physical controls on the mp10. I thought they didn’t have app support yet?
If your pump is manufactured after 2018, then you can have an app, but you would need to update your pump first in the app.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back