How long after dosing Vibrant can Macroalgae be safe?

casey012293

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
64
Location
Williston
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dosed Vibrant several times with some good results, but algae still grows. I know it will look great over time, but long term will not solve my nutrient issues. I know managing a refugium is going to be a better solution long-term. I did not realize how detrimental it was to Macroalgae and have already ordered some Red Ogo for my refugium. How long since my last dose should I wait to put the Macroalgae into my sump?
 
In my case with a recent large cleanup and heavy dosing, it was maybe a month at least.

In my case I tested it with some chaeto, and although it didn’t kill it outright, it basically just didn’t grow. Once the glass started to need regular cleaning the chaeto took off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new