How long can fish be "missing"

Ennvi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen my dragonet in 8 days, how long until I assume he died? I looked all over the ground in case he jumped out, I didn't find him anywhere, but I also have 2 cats that are partial to seafood. (I do have a lid, but there's one part that has a little gap, and we all know how fish seem to find that ONE spot lol)

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen my dragonet in 8 days, how long until I assume he died? I looked all over the ground in case he jumped out, I didn't find him anywhere, but I also have 2 cats that are partial to seafood. (I do have a lid, but there's one part that has a little gap, and we all know how fish seem to find that ONE spot lol)
If there isn’t any sign of it outside the tank. Its still most likely in the tank. Do note that dragonets do sleep in the sand, as in they burrow into the sand once the lights are out. If it has already passed, then its remains would have been quickly eaten up by your CUC.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine jumped in a 5mm gap. If you have cat you have no chance find fish that passed

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there isn’t any sign of it outside the tank. Its still most likely in the tank. Do note that dragonets do sleep in the sand, as in they burrow into the sand once the lights are out. If it has already passed, then its remains would have been quickly eaten up by your CUC.
Mine never burrowed. Was the first up and last to “bed” and slept in a low flow area.

Back