How long did it take for your goby/shrimp pair to form?

How long did it take for your goby/shrimp pair to get together?

• Less than a week

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2-3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater than one month

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what people's experiences have been with gobies and pistol shrimps. I just added an unpaired tiger pistol shrimp and aurora shrimp goby to my nano tank. They haven't paired yet, but I'm leaving it be and hoping they find each other on their own. Right now they're basically set up on opposite sides of the tank. I'm open to ideas to encourage a meet cute.

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine by the next day too - it was almost immediate. Then I lost the yellow watchman in a tank lid incident and replaced it with a blue spot watchman a few weeks later and the new fish paired with the tiger pistol shrimp right away (I guess the shrimp was fine with the change in roommate .)

Jenksreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tiger shrimp and yellow watchman goby a few years back. As soon as I put the tiger shrimp in the tank he shot down to the bottom and I didn't see him for months. I thought he was definitely dead. A couple weeks after the tiger shrimp was added, I bought a yellow watchman goby. The goby, along with me, was unaware of the tiger shrimp being in the tank. Months went by. Suddenly, one morning, I woke up and the tiger shrimp had its fist cave. I was shocked. A couple weeks later the yellow watchman goby was hanging out right by the cave with the tiger shrimp. The overall process was probably 3 to 4 months in total.

Gvirgoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines never paired with my goby but found itself paired up with my firefish

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine haven't yet. You should add a never/haven't option to your poll :)
I put them in together at the same time a year ago, they were suposedly paired at my LFS. They swam separate ways after I put them in. My YWG doesn't determine my pistol. I never see the shrimp, but I know it's alive because of the loud clicking and the sand stirring on the cave entrances

OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops, I meant to add a never option... can't change it now. I really hope mine pair eventually, it's only a 10 gallon so they have to find each other eventually?

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the same pair but I have a clown fish that hosts my diamond goby. Runs agenst em and everything. Goby hates it but sorta just excepted him situation.

Kenneth Hooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, I've seen them pair almost as soon as they find each other in the DT but right now I have a pistol shrimp on one side of the tank and gobies on the other side of the tank - none of them are interested in the other

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 99 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back