How long does it take a toadstool to shed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bo0sted2g
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bo0sted2g

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
471
Reaction score
499
Location
Vail Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just gotten a small toadstool frag was open huge and polyps were nice and bright and long. I believe it may be shedding already even though it has only been in the tank for a little over a week.
the top does appear waxy and ive heard I can help it along by squirting the turkey baster to help remove the membrane. I have been trying to leave it alone and let it do its thing but its been 4 days and looks like a couple polyps are tying to make their way back out but cant get out.

How long should this process take and should I just leave it alone?
 
Can't really say for sure .. sometimes it's a couple of days sometimes 4-5 days or longer .. it needs too adjust too your tank .. your lighting , flow , nutrients.. and so .. but they are almost bullet proof so don't worry .. I would just let it do its thing .. if you've got good flow the shedding will go off it's self ..
 
I agree with what Jason stated. It may have gotten a little stressed and that is why it's shedding so soon. Just leave it be and it'll be good.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new