1   0   0
No sir

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ship well with any coral...the only limitation is you cannot ship large chunks of coral w/live rock. This would puncture the bag. They work best with smaller fish, inverts, and frags. I had someone ship to me with them, and I was interested. Did some research and some shipments of my own...very happy with the results.

They only cost a few cents more per bag...

http://www.novalek.com/ click on Kordon, then scroll down to breathable bags. Fast shipping too.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O2 should be pretty cheap. i'm thinkin i may go get a 5lb cylinder (or a 2.5lb if they carry them that small).

initial cost of the cylinder may be around $25-$50, but the actual cost of the O2 on refills shouldn't be more than a couple bucks. and should last you a loooooooong time if shipping is all that you use it for.

it does work and help alot. i normally just blow air into the bags before i tighten them up, but we exhale CO2 mostly....

i would like to see an experiment done with putting O2 in a bag, and then compressed air in another bag (gas that contains nitrogen and O2). i wonder if there would be any difference.

OP
OP
reefboy

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i check into renting a tank it comes to like 23 cents a day and the smallest tank they rent is like 25 pounds plus i still gota buy reglator and a dispensor lol dont wont to blow bags up these breathable bags may be the way to go but im still undecided lol.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you like them Reefboy...

You should be able to get a small 5lb cylinder and regulator (remember you cannot use a C02 reg or any of the fittings, they are all different) for about $80 to $100. It will last quite awhile on a fill up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back