Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't quarantine either. I learned my lesson the hard way. I have two fish left, in copper quarantine now, and have issues with the DT, just don't know what they are yet. Will give the DT tank a rest and continue to quarantine going forward. It's too stressful when it comes back to bite you in the **** if you don't.

Sargeeq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of corals arriving in the morning and I just so happened to be planning on using the same dipping method you mentioned but I have a couple questions. Is it safe to go straight from bayer to CoralRX or is there a rinse in between and also, I was thinking about adding an h2o2 dip as well. Better to be safe. I plan on keeping lights off for a day then using acclimation mode to ramp up. What concentration of the bio advanced do you use? Per gallon. Thanks in advance
I use 8oz disposable cups and fill them 3/4 of the way up, and put 10ml of BioAdvanced in each one.

The Bio Advanced is really milky in color, and you will not be able to see the coral at all in the solution. From there I rinse it in 2 other 8oz cups of saltwater before putting them into my tank.

I have only lost 1 coral (out of about 40) in the past few months, and I don’t think it was the dip (think flow was too strong for the Goni)

after 10-15 days I remove them from the new frag plug they’re on, and dip them in a coral dip before mounting them or putting them where I intend for them to grow out at.

only note. No frag plugs go into my tank unless they are brand new or cured. 99.9% of pests are on the plugs, not the frags.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t QT my first batch of fish. But wish i did. Since then I ordered my fish QT and had to QT my tang once. If all of my fish die i will QT or buy QT fish that enters my tank.

Im only a one person experiment and will say i wish i QTed all of them. But it is a complete PITA to do so and hated QT my tang.

He never ate, acted stand offish and never wanted nori. The day i added him back to the tank he acted like nothing ever happened and was 100% back to acting normal.

I will say no one in my local FB groups QTs. They just let them die and get new fish and or just get lucky.

I mean look at the lfs model. Always saying the online “fish have arrived” or posting lists of fish they have instock. They need people fish to die so they can add more. I just had a fish die. And the last thing im thinking right now is head to my lfs to get a new one but people do. Mean not that many people are getting into the hobby to justify how many fish lfs get each week for the guy thats been in for a while.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back