How many Hobbyist are having fish shipped?

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only person here who actually SAVES money by buying online as opposed to locally? Perhaps TJ can vouch for this but I also live in CT...the extreme southwestern part, near the NY border and if you think places like DD are expensive, you ought a spend a day rollin' through the LFS's around here! Selection's pretty good, health is pretty good, and many of the store employees are quite knowlegable but...and I mean this in the best possible of ways...dang! $$$$. So yeah, I buy the majority of my fish online; some experiences good, some experiences not so good. But bottom line for me is it's actually cheaper, and that includes shipping.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only person here who actually SAVES money by buying online as opposed to locally? Perhaps TJ can vouch for this but I also live in CT...the extreme southwestern part, near the NY border and if you think places like DD are expensive, you ought a spend a day rollin' through the LFS's around here! Selection's pretty good, health is pretty good, and many of the store employees are quite knowlegable but...and I mean this in the best possible of ways...dang! $$$$. So yeah, I buy the majority of my fish online; some experiences good, some experiences not so good. But bottom line for me is it's actually cheaper, and that includes shipping.
The prices are indeed higher than the online market in many cases in this area, but I have found in many instances that it isn't too much greater than average. I also consider seeing the fish in person as having great value.

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prices are indeed higher than the online market in many cases in this area, but I have found in many instances that it isn't too much greater than average. I also consider seeing the fish in person as having great value.

Does your lfs have weekend sales and specials?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think LA and DD fish are reasonable price (at least LA) in compare to fish here in Corpus Christi. The 2 weeks warranty really helps. None of the store here offer any warranty.
LA price is good for me. When I order, it often order enough for free shipping and if there is a 40% coupon, then it is a plus and the price I get, none of the store here can touch it.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy online because of the guarantee. I try to not buy a fish from the LFS if they don’t have a guarantee. Sometimes I don’t have a choice because of availability. I prefer DD vs regular LA due to bad shipments from their wholesalers. I’ve also thought of switching to TSM

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back