How many of you have corals growing on your overflow boxes? Post a pic!

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a softie. I have some nice zoa growth on mine. I hear this is an aggressive zoa and I thought about gsp on the other overflow. It has taken months to get to this point so I am not too worried about blocking the overflow. I assume I can just scrape it down (zoa and gsp). Input?

20190924_190712.jpg

n21benson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a softie. I have some nice zoa growth on mine. I hear this is an aggressive zoa and I thought about gsp on the other overflow. It has taken months to get to this point so I am not too worried about blocking the overflow. I assume I can just scrape it down (zoa and gsp). Input?

20190924_190712.jpg

Those zoa's look great!

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this pic by @Streetdoc77 in the monti show off thread, and it got me thinking... well, first I thought that it's a really cool pic! and then I thought, I wonder how many others are doing something similar. Post up your pics of coral on overflow boxes!

1.JPG
Now to whom this tank belongs to the blue a d purple is that encrusting monti? I would love to do that with my next tank

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had issues with the coral impeding water flow through the weir as the coral grows and thickens?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How difficult is it to peel the GSP mat off once it has grown over a surface of a rock? I have GSP in the middle of my tank on a rock and I did want to remove it for other corals as GSP is pretty aggressive. I would like to be able to remove the GSP mat and mount it to an overflow or back glass.

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got my first Monti frag and am wondering how to do this. Do you just glue the frag plate to the side of the overflow?? If I grow GSP and Monti on my overflow will my GSP infest the Monti?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you just glue a frag if cyphastrea straight onto the glass, or grow it out into a 12x12” or 6x6” travertine/ceramic tile, then stick that to the glass?

Maybe even cover the whole side panel in tiles, so if you didn’t like the look or needed to break down the tank, you could remove big encrusted tiles instead of scraping it off the glass into tiny fragments

Thoughts?

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been glueing corals directly and also some attached to rocks where I glued the entire rock...not as hard as you think as long as you have great glue. ( I use the echotech glue ) Love that stuff. I took a Monti off with a surgeon kneife and as soon as i hit the first corner it peeled right off in one piece ( surprisingly ) but not sure if that goes for everything but it worked with the Monti. Corals attached to rock will definitely be easier to remove

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back